Forums

QOL: fix compass please

Quick find code: 259-260-683-66084581

fzzybnyslprs
Mar Member 2006

fzzybnyslprs

Posts: 802 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
its been 3 years since your temporary fix of pointing the map south when first logging in. We still have chronic problems with the map flipping on various teleports.

We got a bandaid fix for the initial lodestone teleport to priff, but its not enough. if you have your map oriented a certain way, and go down into a resource dungeon, then come back out, your map is upside down again. if you use crystal teleport to priff clans, your map will likely flip. max cape teleport to max guild, map flips.

ride a boat to karamja/musa point map flips. plenty more areas this happens.

This is ridiculous. I don't know how many times I've ran in the wrong direction after a teleport.

And yes, I know you can click on the compass to re-orient the map to north. Thats not the point. We should not have to do that all the time. This game is click-intensive enough already.

Can't you code it so on teleporting it checks orientation, then when you arrive it checks and corrects?

PLEASE FIX

20-Feb-2019 13:54:58

Barnabis
Oct Member 2015

Barnabis

Posts: 3,772 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Need to keep sending in the bug reports on this. The more different people that send in bug reports on the same thing the higher priority it will be to fix them. After all, they've got to be sick of reading them at some point. Jagex 2019 New Year Resolution... MTX our customers until RS3 SERVER SHUTDOWN PARTY!
The RS3 Community is treated like :@ RUBBISH :@ due to constant TH promotions.

Don't buy keys on Treasure Hunter, if you do Jagex will only make more TH promotions :(

21-Feb-2019 03:04:04

fzzybnyslprs
Mar Member 2006

fzzybnyslprs

it should be a priority quality of life issue.

First of all, for many players they have limited amounts of time to play the game. Every time they run a wrong direction then have to fix the map, and run the other way eats into their game time. Its not efficient. And its aggravating making the game less fun than it could be.

Secondly, for the younger "invincible" players in good health, extra clicking is not as noticeable.
I started playing runescape back on classic. As of right now, I have 1378 accumulated days of playing. A very conservative estimate of 2 clicks per minute average x 1378 days equals 3.9 million clicks playing rs. That is a lot of wear and tear on 2 fingers. At my age, my hands hurt.
Every single click adds up, wasting clicks on re-orienting a map is a click I could have used for being productive. Not only aggravating, but painful.

These issues should not be in game. Every time jagex introduces new content, there are always bugs that have to be fixed. Other game designers test their product more thoroughly before releasing to the gamers, and have far fewer bugs to fix after the fact.
Bugs happen, I get it. But this bug has been going on for 3 years. Its not just less fun to play, but it is annoying and makes me want to play less.

22-Feb-2019 22:15:17

Purple R0gue
Aug Member 2008

Purple R0gue

Posts: 601 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Support. I'd jagex to completely leave my compass alone. Let me decide how I want to see things. I'm tired of them flipping my map when I tele, and me having to flip it back. In priff and for example when you tele to Guthix's shrine.

This is a HUGE annoyance imo.

23-Feb-2019 00:14:57

Hriak
Dec Member 2004

Hriak

Posts: 2,010 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My guess is there is an Aussie or two on the development team that thinks this is a running joke.

I do support the compass flip issue being fixed for all, regardless of hemispherical origin.
Bite me.

25-Feb-2019 00:43:46

fzzybnyslprs
Mar Member 2006

fzzybnyslprs

yes. regardless of the orientation YOU choose, it should stay that way when you teleport, take a boat or enter a dungeon. north south east west, its your choice. currently, no matter what direction your facing, the map will flip 180 degrees. this has gone on far too long and needs to be fixed.

27-Feb-2019 14:22:20

Quick find code: 259-260-683-66084581 Back to Top