Forums

Max cape perks?

Quick find code: 259-260-669-66142266

Sereg

Sereg

Posts: 9,292 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I use Attack and Invention, for degrade and charge drain reduction respectively, and Constitution as my third. The first two are very definitely useful, but I'm not sure of the merits of the third.
Carve our dreams in sanguine stone/Strength corporeal and of mind
Walls of our flesh, bricks of our bone/Deadly intent to defend our kind

09-Feb-2020 05:36:35

Chee
Jul Member 2016

Chee

Posts: 1,946 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have Defence cape on Anachronia for the sign effect. On max cape, I use Master Invention, Attack and ... I don't remember ... Ranged?

I also have Master Slayer and Master Dungeoneering on Expert Support cape for easy (easi er ) teleporting around the world
@Chee__RS
Maxed
Ironwoman
Completionist
Q
ue
st Mas
te
r

Max: 28 Jan 2018 | MQC: 9 Aug 2019 | Comp: 18 Oct 2019

10-Feb-2020 08:42:28

railgun
May Member 2017

railgun

Posts: 1,968 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Strength, Ranged, and Defense on cape, Constitution on Anachronia.

All are useful for combat scenario. Other capes can just be taken out at your leisure or put on the capes that you can put 2 perks on.

Attack and Invention save like maybe 50k gp/hr combined lmao it's not worth it.
toxic elitist community soccermom btw

10-Feb-2020 09:45:21 - Last edited on 10-Feb-2020 09:45:49 by railgun

Chee
Jul Member 2016

Chee

Posts: 1,946 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
railgun said :
Constitution on Anachronia.

Besides potentially 'wasting' a sign of life on something before doing high-level bossing, there's no reason to not have Defence cape on Ana. HP cape is 100% useless as long as you're in combat and your HP refills in 0.02s if you go to the bank anyway.

railgun said :
Attack and Invention save like maybe 50k gp/hr combined lmao it's not worth it.

Attack might be useless sure - I don't remember how much the reduction even is, but I don't really have a better alternative for combat (or teleportation, because of Expert Support) cape. Invention is actually useful as an iron because I'd really rather not spend extra time hunting down stupid charges for my augmented stuff that I already try to use at a bare minimum. It also has the 120 benefit of better perks if I have max/comp cape equipped, which I normally do.
@Chee__RS
Maxed
Ironwoman
Completionist
Q
ue
st Mas
te
r

Max: 28 Jan 2018 | MQC: 9 Aug 2019 | Comp: 18 Oct 2019

10-Feb-2020 23:22:54

Sereg

Sereg

Posts: 9,292 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Did Ranged change? Last I checked, it was just an Ava's device, which is (almost) useless unless you're using Legacy.

Defence also doesn't really have any point, that I can see. If I'm using that effect, it's a Sign of Death(or Portent? Whichever's the higher level one), not of Life - the only place I've ever found the need for that is Araxxor, where it's been key to both of my kills to get that extra damage down against Araxxi - at that point, I'm beyond where I can sustain myself any further, so the slight extra healing isn't really going to make a difference, while the damage absolutely can. (I also don't know what logic applies to multiple sources - if I carried an item of Death, would the game use that first? Or would it use my Defence cape's Life effect instead, screwing me out of the kill?)

It is good to hear that Constitution has some value - although I don't quite know where or why. I just remember reading something about how effective HP is different from actual HP based on numerous factors, and the doubled regeneration has a non-negligible effect. I also didn't really see any other cape effect that I'd need other than conditionally, which, as Railgun says, can be handled by simply grabbing the specific cape I need for whatever the task at hand is - it doesn't need to be always on.

I also agree with Chee about invention - while I'm not an Ironman, being far too old an account, I do tend to play that way, including collecting my own Divine Charges, so saving them is worthwhile to me.

And I'm not sure why 50k saved per hour is something to be ignored - that adds up pretty fast given how much combat I do. Degradation costs are my biggest expenditure in combat(other than the few slayer and reaper tasks where I'm liable to die reasonably often, such as Soulgazers and GWD2 bosses), so saving that is very useful to me - certainly moreso than any other perk I can think of.
Carve our dreams in sanguine stone/Strength corporeal and of mind
Walls of our flesh, bricks of our bone/Deadly intent to defend our kind

12-Feb-2020 05:58:45 - Last edited on 12-Feb-2020 06:02:56 by Sereg

Quick find code: 259-260-669-66142266 Back to Top