Forums

Raksha thoughts

Quick find code: 259-260-664-66192888

Prestie
Jan Member 2022

Prestie

Posts: 3,343 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I still remember when the KBD was the strongest and most feared boss in the game, and the day the kalphite queen came out and it was absolutely insane and soloing it was unthinkable and impossible. Each new boss that has came out, I remember how I felt and how I reacted to it at the time. This, in my opinion, is the most ridiculous boss so far. I watched a few streamers beat it, but these are also top .1% pvmers that solo Yakamaru and fight high enraged telos with no food. You could do something for a large portion of your life, and there's always some prodigy that comes out of no where and is somehow 10 times better than you even thought was possible. This boss feels more like it's for the Michael Jordans of bossing and not casual fans of the game. I don't like the "boss creep", and I'm worried for the future of bossing if this is what we are given now. Even getting into phase 2 took me a crazy amount of tries. It's extremely difficult, but in a bad way, it's not challenging and fun. The graphics are cool, the music is absolutely amazing, the lore behind it is cool, but the difficulty of this boss is just stupid hard. It will probably take me over a year to get reaper crew back and I'm kind of bummed about it.

Just my two cents, I know there's a lot of really excited pvmer's out there, and I'm glad they're having a good time, but I wish that this was the challenge mode, and that there was a version of this boss that seemed realistic to actually kill.

09-Dec-2020 23:31:11

Loki
Sep Member 2011

Loki

Posts: 65,226 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The boss needs to be nerfed so that the majority of the playerbase can actually kill it. They need to stop releasing content that scales to the difficulty of the small 1% of PvMers who have all the time in the world to learn the mechanics and abilities in the game.

I was against Jagex removing the Castle Wars requirement because I spent time doing it, but it was removed so the "majority of the player base could obtain it". I was also against the removal of reaper crew from Comp, but they still did it to please the "majority of the player base".

If they're going to make stupid changes like the two examples above so the majority of people can access the content/cape, then they should also allow new bosses to be killable by the majority of the player base. They need to stop trying to please all the PvM elitists 'crying' for a challenge, and work to please the majority of people paying subscription fees.
• »‡« •
Adam
• »‡« •

Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.

10-Dec-2020 12:01:15

Prestie
Jan Member 2022

Prestie

Posts: 3,343 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I finally beat the boss and got reaper crew back and I still think it's awful, stupid, and overpowered, there's a confirmed nerf on Monday and it's not enough. Please do not make a boss harder than this one Jagex, this boss is ridiculous, if you make one small mistake you're doomed. I also believe not a single player has killed it on mobile yet, no boss should be impossible to kill on mobile

14-Dec-2020 02:45:25

Baze
Jan Member 2011

Baze

Posts: 2,335 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If a player cannot kill the boss, it means they are not good enough. They need to go back to the basics, learn how to do damage properly and key bind prayers so that switching between them is easy. It baffles me the amount of players that still click on their protection prayers rendering them unable to move and pray switch at the same time.

If every future boss release is tailored to plebs, nothing will be challenging for those who have invested in learning the game's mechanics. This makes PvM boring for those who are good at it.

Not every boss is supposed to be killed immediately on release, some should serve as an endgame goal; the boss isn't going anywhere - it is the player that must learn to defeat it.
Professional PvM Services

Fastest Dungeoneering XP in the game - Click Here

18-Dec-2020 05:49:08

Quick find code: 259-260-664-66192888 Back to Top