Forums

lmao RS3 is an abomination xD Thread is locked

Quick find code: 259-260-641-65969080

Mr Era
Oct Member 2006

Mr Era

Posts: 646 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
H Rassy said :
rs3 has dropped to 27k players,with 50k on old school.
how much longer will they keep supporting rs3 before throwing everything at old school? it cant be that much longer.

At the time of me writing this, RS3 is at 69,655 online, OS is 46,206. And from what I've seen each time I've logged into OS, like 26k of those OS accounts are bots.

30-Nov-2017 04:26:09

Sal J

Sal J

Posts: 3,771 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lauri El said :
Sure, cant wait until OS gets TH so they can keep Jagex alive, it will be a glorious day

That will never pass a community vote, so they'll just force it through.
Never drop a valuable item.

Ikki blaka niður virðismikil ting.

30-Nov-2017 09:12:15

Was Zeus

Was Zeus

Posts: 22,388 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mr Era said :
H Rassy said :
rs3 has dropped to 27k players,with 50k on old school.
how much longer will they keep supporting rs3 before throwing everything at old school? it cant be that much longer.

At the time of me writing this, RS3 is at 69,655 online, OS is 46,206. And from what I've seen each time I've logged into OS, like 26k of those OS accounts are bots.

The total on the runescape.com page is for BOTH games lmao, did u rly think rs3 had more players? LMAO

But everyone, please be quiet. This is a thread about the abomination cape.
ZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZE

30-Nov-2017 12:35:00

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,453 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lauri El said :
Sure, cant wait until OS gets TH so they can keep Jagex alive, it will be a glorious day

Well, if RS3 ever dies (which is what some OSRS players seem to desperately want so they can finally get over the pain RS3 inflicted on them), there's no stopping micro-transactions from entering that game as that'd be the main version and the only one. They'd need to make up for the losses somehow and seeing how popular OSRS has become, it makes sense to set eyes on that. It'll be all they have left after all that's actually somewhat of a success.

Right now, RS3 is like the shield for OSRS that pretty much takes all the shit leaving OSRS to leave blissfully and in harmony, free of all damaging micro-transactions. So far, the shield is still up but if it ever completely fails, the damage will too much for RS3 to handle - the shield is what allows RS3 to still remain alive even after all the abuse it's taken over the years. Death will shortly follow after shield failure.

As OSRS lacks a protective shield (as it's not expecting an attack from Alice), Alice can fire at will and destroy anything she sees fits. OSRS will then be the next dystopian game everyone will despise. Those same players that prayed for RS3's demise will beg for its revival, but it'll be too late. Alice or any follower of the MTX god will find home on OSRS. OSRS will have no hope of survival as it will take the full damage. A community-driven game becomes a money-driven game, it has to!

Perhaps this is Alice's plan after all. Take down RS3 to pave the way for an easy entry to OSRS, the game that's seemingly popular. She knows she cannot get in there currently as the game is protected by the community. But take down the shield (RS3) and that community protection no longer matters because Jagex survival mode will kick in, overridng any protections the community gave OSRS.

30-Nov-2017 16:19:37 - Last edited on 30-Nov-2017 16:20:50 by Singularity

Quick find code: 259-260-641-65969080 Back to Top