Forums

Introductions Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-607-62837244

Keighlea

Keighlea

Posts: 40,455 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ostrava said :
Oh hai. I'm new.

Welcome Kraid friend, enjoy your stay with your different-appearing Tetsu helmet! Try not to get into any fist fights.

Hevilmystic said :
Sup, me too.

~ No, a Jmod will not assist you, and yes, your friend botted. ~
~ Grats, you killed a whole 300 Hobgoblins before complaining. ~
~ If you're having a bad day, just remember you didn't get lured (for a cracker) ~
~ Nobody really cares that you(r friend) got muted. ~

Welcome Rowley! Glad to see you finally made it :)

Hevilmystic said :
You have to actually request HLF access now, and I am sure a lot of people don't care enough to post for it, or even know about the hlf.

In my opinion, it's harder for people to find in the Community Home section... I mean how many people go to that section to post/browse compared to when it was in General?

~~~Keighlea the Purple Sorceress~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~ (: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lady of Zaros

Proud Linkify user - Become one of the Family!

22-Jun-2013 20:12:45

Lathow
Oct Member 2005

Lathow

Posts: 20,529 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I visit the community home relatively often and I don't consider myself very active in the forums. I don't think the place someone is meant to request access matters too much. If you actually visit the forums and post you'll hear about the high level forums (or hlf as everyone but me seems to call them) sooner or later.

Therefore, I don't think this system is worse than the previous one, where Mat would add every single player that maxed. If you want to participate, you can. I do believe, however, that the inbox message previously sent made a difference. Players were congratulated on maxing and were presented the high level forums.

The forums were presented to them as a reward, because they were (I want to believe they still are to some extent) a place where they'll be able to contact Jagex more directly, for offering feedback and generally discussing their concerns about the game. The message also encouraged them to check out the forums and participate in them and it also made clear that the forums were a privilege and not a right, something that sadly isn't happening anymore.

You may ask, could this happen again? I personally think it's possible but it would be very difficult with how accessible end game content is and how many players achieve all 99s these days. Never say never though.
Hi

22-Jun-2013 23:04:37

Lifer
Jul Member 2008

Lifer

Posts: 12,424 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It is possible, only if this place gets less impersonal... The hlf rework back in November? really killed a lot of things on top of things that was lost earlier in 2012.

23-Jun-2013 02:09:50 - Last edited on 23-Jun-2013 02:10:19 by Lifer

BobWob
Jun Member 2020

BobWob

Posts: 742 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hallloooo I'm Bob, and I'm an alcoholic. Not actually, though.

I'm 18, live on the east coast of the US, got no job and got a lot of free time. My dad was in the Marine Corps for over 25 years, so I've been moving around the US my entire life, essentially. I've been to a total of 7 different schools throughout kindergarten to my senior year. Graduated last year and been chilling since then. Here's a picture of my dad and I at his retirement ceremony: http://puu.sh/3m5mp.jpg

As far as hobbies, I used to ride BMX when I lived out in Cali, but where I live now is rather rural and I don't have any friends who share the same interests, so I've become sort of a hermit. :b I really enjoy playing Minecraft, especially with friends. The majority of my clanmates/Minecraft buddies left for some shitty generic Chinese MMO, so I've been bumped up to coleader for our clan. (Green Bandits)

I don't really like to get into any arguments or drama, so treat me with respect and you'll get it right back. Hope to meet some amazing people and get in touch with the nicer side of the RS community. :D

23-Jun-2013 04:18:12

Baraxil

Baraxil

Posts: 4,360 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hiya Bob! Wow it's so nice to see a proper introduction hah :P

I really like that picture for some reason lol
Green Bandits...you guys used to multi-PK, right? I think I recall running into you guys once or twice a looong time ago! :D

23-Jun-2013 10:43:18

Quick find code: 259-260-607-62837244 Back to Top