Forums

Introductions Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-607-62837244

Triquos

Triquos

Posts: 6,294 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hmm there doesn't seem to be a leaving thread so I'll just post this here anyway.

After 10 years playing, I feel Runescape is no longer the game I signed up for. I haven't gotten bored of the game, because I did have goals of 120 slayer and 120 constitution, but this isn't the game I once knew and loved. It has changed way too much with the microtransactions and combat.

When the Squeal of Fortune came along I originally thought, ok, it's not really a Runescape thing, but it could work (because I played Neopets before and they had this feature in the game minus the microtransactions). However when buyable spins were implemented and players could literally buy xp, I felt like Runescape's soul was destroyed. XP was instantly devalued as well as players and the effort they put into their account.

I thank Runescape for getting me through the hard times when school sucked - it was always there for me and I think perhaps these last few updates were a sign that I'm ready to move on.

I'll still bump my 'Grats message for 200M XP?' thread, because I feel it really needs to be implemented for others atleast once I'm gone, and I have 118 supporters so far anyway - not giving up on it that easy! Will also go online to chat with my friends, but I certainly won't be playing the game after the 4th of July anymore.

Time to move on. I'll be writing three novels in real life after I quit, and when I feel they've been perfected, I'll ask Peter Jackson or James Cameron to direct them as a movie trilogy :P I'll be sure to add 'special thanks to the pancake house' for all the support of the PH clan I'm in.

So so long and goodbye from me in July, keep having fun, and don't take any crap from anyone! :-)

~Max Cape

30-Jun-2012 05:04:20

Irma
Aug Member 2007

Irma

Posts: 7,182 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey all! :)

My name is Irma and I play Runescape since 2004. I especially like the social aspect of the game, like chatting with other players, helping players or attending an event. My favourite delicacy, both real life and in Runescape, is a strawberry. Can't get enough of them! :) After years of training, I achieved my max cape last Tuesday. I think it's an awesome cape. ^_^

~ Irma ^_^
Irma
| Strawberry Queen | ^_^ | Sub Rosa | Dutch Community Forums | RuneScape Support

30-Jun-2012 19:17:24

Quick find code: 259-260-607-62837244 Back to Top