Forums

Introductions Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-607-62837244

Lathow
Oct Member 2005

Lathow

Posts: 20,529 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi all I'm new here :)

I recently maxed, just before the effigy nerf and I'm so happy I made it in time. I started rs years ago but quit at some point. I started playing again last year on a new account when I heard trade limit was gone. An irl friend told me about it and I decided to give the game a go again. He gave me a 2b donation to help me get back into the game. Don't ask me where he got that. He (probably) botted on other accounts but you don't know anything ok?

I used the 2b to gamble with flowers dices and horses. I was hosting games and made an insane profit out of it. I bought a few partyhats but then I decided to sell a few and get some skillcapes instead. Most skills didn't take over a few days and I was surprised. The xp rates are insane nowadays. I remember back in 2006 it took people 3 months to do 99 fletching, buying a few 10s or 100s of mage logs at mage trees for 1k each...

Anyway, after doing the fast skills, I decided to do the slow ones to get max cape. This game is about capes after all. I have to admit the slow skills were extremely hard and boring. Luckily, the game offers bonus xp weekends now so it made my goal easier. And let's not forget the hati and skoll clothing, I'd never finish agility if it wasn't for those boots!! And finally, the refer a friend bonus. I actually referred myself since I have no friends lol. It was a nice xp boost and I couldn't have made it otherwise. Thank you very much jagex for all these cool and helpful updates. :)

After a few more skills done, I had some very slow ones left, like slayer, runecrafting and dungeoneering. I was told dungeoneering is fast but I never had good teams. But I paid my friend a blue partyhat and he let me leech all his floors to 120 lmao. Then for slayer and runecrafting, I killed cave crawlers, ganodermic beasts and mummys for effigies. It was more fun and way faster than actually training the skills.

I feel so proud to be part of this forum. Looking forward to meeting you all.
Hi

16-Feb-2012 21:55:22

Seeker
Jun Member 2008

Seeker

Posts: 65,655 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello there Lathow, what a truely fascinating and amazing story! :D And you're right, all these updates are so great omg that I don't even have words to describe my feelings regarding them.

I feel sorry for you if you actually trained agility only with skoll boots though, as you can just loaf some horns for more 2x xp for it at barbarian assault (I think the role is called collector?) lol.

That would only be needed if you didn't 76k trick enough agility brawlers though, but seeing as you just came back 1 year ago you couldn't have taken advantage of this sadly. :(

Welcome to the HLF mate - well done!!

16-Feb-2012 22:09:12

Lathow
Oct Member 2005

Lathow

Posts: 20,529 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
What are brawlers and what is barbarian assault and penance horn I don't play minigames their xp rates are awful rewards suck and gameplay is bad. :( I also heard that most minigames aren't rewarding unless you play them in unintended ways which makes them even less fun and way more tedious and repetitive. :(

Thanks for your post I can't believe I'm finally here. I'm so happy. :)
Hi

16-Feb-2012 22:26:35

Quick find code: 259-260-607-62837244 Back to Top