Forums

Please help. Cant play rs3

Quick find code: 259-260-588-65982118

Jordanious77
May Member 2021

Jordanious77

Posts: 1,665 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've created this thread 3 times now, so I apologize if it's rushed.. I keep getting logged out when I go to post it and have the entire thing deleted... Also, I couldn't find tech support, if you can redirect it then do so. Thank you.

I cant log into rs3, heres a few attempts of me trying...

https://imgur.com/a/f7ae0 Heres a picture of me trying to open the new RS3 client after freshly downloading it.. And yes, i've tried it hundreds of times. It is impossible.

https://imgur.com/a/0OO67 Heres a picture of me not being able to log into the old client because the session ends before i even log in and right after loading the client (and in turn can't authenticate myself because of it)

https://imgur.com/a/G8ZRq Heres a picture of me being told I cant load RS3 in a web browser other than Internet explorer while on Internet explorer.

And yes, you'll notice in the first picture the thread I was creating had a lot more details about my issues.. however, when i tried posting it I got logged out and couldn't regain access to the thread. I AM COPYING THIS ONE JUST IN CASE.. So please understand, I am drained, annoyed and really dont want to have to type this out again. I can't play RS3 and I WANT TO PLAY. Haven't been able to for the last year.

I have no clue why Ican so easily log into OSRS clients with the same security, the same computer I've always used to play rs3.. And all of a sudden, I just can't play rs3. Thanks,
Jagex. Please, help end my agony.....

20-Jan-2018 09:13:30 - Last edited on 20-Jan-2018 09:19:31 by Jordanious77

UtaChao

UtaChao

Posts: 1,702 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
As you're frustrated, I'm going to suggest the radical approach of a full computer rewipe. The problem will be in your computer. A bug or a glitch. Might even be a hardware issue, just because you've always done it, doesn't mean something hasn't broken. A software wipe will iron out any kinks. I'd recommend backing up or just copying what you don't want to lose into an external drive. Restoring from backup could bring any potential faults back into the game, so a copy and drop job works better. It's a pain, but if you fix the problem, it will be worth it.
Ironman: Autark

20-Jan-2018 10:46:50

Was Zeus

Was Zeus

Posts: 22,388 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
sounds like a good thing to me ZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZE

20-Jan-2018 11:03:38

PureMapleSyr

PureMapleSyr

Posts: 158 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
UtaChao said :
As you're frustrated, I'm going to suggest the radical approach of a full computer rewipe. The problem will be in your computer. A bug or a glitch. Might even be a hardware issue, just because you've always done it, doesn't mean something hasn't broken. A software wipe will iron out any kinks. I'd recommend backing up or just copying what you don't want to lose into an external drive. Restoring from backup could bring any potential faults back into the game, so a copy and drop job works better. It's a pain, but if you fix the problem, it will be worth it.

I'm no expert but this seems very very radical? overkill?

I haven't been able to play in any browser for ages. I download the RS Client. Sometimes, after large updates, or long time not playing I guess, first, you maybe have to delete your Jagex cache before downloading the client. Reboot your pc. Then download the RS Client and try that?

goodluck

21-Jan-2018 07:39:19

Shadow Drive
Jul Member 2010

Shadow Drive

Posts: 3,001 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Darth Novi said :
Jordanious77 said :
.... I couldn't find tech support ....

The forum here is called Community Led Technical Support.

This.

You probably have to provide them with more information then this though.
9/19 Skilling Pets

21-Jan-2018 07:40:53 - Last edited on 21-Jan-2018 07:41:29 by Shadow Drive

UtaChao

UtaChao

Posts: 1,702 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
PureMapleSyr said :
UtaChao said :

I'm no expert but this seems very very radical? overkill?

I haven't been able to play in any browser for ages. I download the RS Client. Sometimes, after large updates, or long time not playing I guess, first, you maybe have to delete your Jagex cache before downloading the client. Reboot your pc. Then download the RS Client and try that?

goodluck

Depends on your approach. I rewipe my mac every few months, helps to keep it speedy.
Ironman: Autark

21-Jan-2018 12:10:28

Cyanid
Jan Member 2006

Cyanid

Posts: 24,133 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Rip, I hope you at least get refunded for the keys you missed out on

¸¬°™°¬¸
With
¸¬°™°¬¸
Closed Eyes
¸¬°™°¬¸