Forums

Jagex's Latest Accounts

Quick find code: 259-260-550-66042198

BLOODDlAMOND
Jun Member 2023

BLOODDlAMOND

Posts: 1,829 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Weefaerie said :
Would be interesting to see how many of the subscribers pay with Bonds from RS GP.

I am not sure that makes a difference to be honest. The membership the bond purchaser is buying with RS gold isn't real world cash for the company, but that bond was bought with real world cash by someone. So the membership contributes to the company earnings regardless of whether a bond or a credit card or paypal are used. The method doesn't matter the result is the same.
"Howard, I think you of all people should avoid espousing the principle that if something is not our favourite we should just get rid of it." ~ Sheldon Cooper

20-Sep-2018 09:02:55

C0re
Dec Member 2019

C0re

Posts: 3,733 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
the advertising budget is embarrasing no wonder they losing 10% of the player base to osrs per yr w/o many new players coming in.. with mobile ud think they would be advertising a ton more.. and i think alot of the mtx is bond ppl buy for ingame gp then others use on members but if it wasnt for mtx by the looks of rs3 would be in srs trouble atm...

24-Sep-2018 11:30:20

H Rassy
Sep Member 2023

H Rassy

Posts: 17,469 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
pretty good numbers. how much did the Chinese company pay for jagex,like 300m?
84m revenue (plus some from other sources maybe) resulting in 44m profit
costs to run and update runescape:40m/year.

26-Sep-2018 16:40:58 - Last edited on 26-Sep-2018 16:42:57 by H Rassy

Weefaerie

Weefaerie

Posts: 115 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
BLOODDlAMOND said :
Weefaerie said :
Would be interesting to see how many of the subscribers pay with Bonds from RS GP.

I am not sure that makes a difference to be honest. The membership the bond purchaser is buying with RS gold isn't real world cash for the company, but that bond was bought with real world cash by someone. So the membership contributes to the company earnings regardless of whether a bond or a credit card or paypal are used. The method doesn't matter the result is the same.

Its not really about the profit for me, its about the curiosity of how many scapers make enough GP in game to pay with mems with bonds. That being said, if you pay for mems its like 10.99$ a month but if you use bonds its 13.98$ a month. if you pay real money for VIP you are looking at 79.99 for the year, apposed to 139.80$ for using the 20 bonds, just some food for thought, and would be interesting to see a breakdown.

01-Oct-2018 14:09:00

Quick find code: 259-260-550-66042198 Back to Top