Forums

smithing rework

Quick find code: 259-260-393-66074582

bing12342001
Mar Member 2023

bing12342001

Posts: 4,346 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I pretty much know the answer, but I had 60k rune 2h sitting in my bank before the rework which I was sending into the alch machine to alch. After the rework they were converted into tokens.

I don't care about the smithing rework as im 200m smithing, but I just wanted my 2h...so I exchanged for the 60k 2h's in the art workshop. Great..

I didnt realise the 38400gp value was now 2k .....

Is there a way i can recoup anything from my worthless items now? Can I somehow convert them into anything?..

Thanks,
-------------------

Bing -- Exposing cheats, leechers and morally bankrupt players since 2002.

11-Jan-2019 00:10:46

Sci
Aug Member 2008

Sci

Posts: 612 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You were supposed to take salvage if you wanted similar value to the 2h preupdate, it was the entire purpose of the ticket conversion. As far as I know you're screwed. Look in the spoiler.
Why are you taking orders from a signature?

11-Jan-2019 01:21:39 - Last edited on 11-Jan-2019 01:22:23 by Sci

Uncle Pob

Uncle Pob

Posts: 2,962 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sci said :
You were supposed to take salvage if you wanted similar value to the 2h preupdate, it was the entire purpose of the ticket conversion. As far as I know you're screwed.

This ^^

People keep items for different reasons. Jagex had no way to differentiate between the items people were using or planning to use, and items people were going to alch/sell/disassemble. What we got was the best possible compromise: tokens which allowed us to choose what we want for ourselves based on what's most important to us: item functionality or value.

Most people would want the value, so in that case you're supposed to trade the tokens for salvage because the salvage has the same value as the item it replaces. though you can't use salvage as an item (ie. weapon, armor, tool). The option to exchange for a weapon, armor or tool is for people who are less concerned with value, and just don't want to lose access to their highest available weapon, armor or tool.

Tokens converted into items gives you a new-version equivalent of that item, which has less value than the original. If you attempt to alch or sell that item you'll only get the newer, lower price or amount of GP. Unfortunately you made your choice already, and it was the wrong one for your needs. Unfortunately Jagex don't refund players for mistakes made by the player.

That means you've lost a lot of bank here, and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

In a similar situation, my response would have been to exchange a small number of tokens to make sure that it's safe before exchanging the whole stack. If you had, you could have noticed that the new Rune 2H's alch for much less, and known to spend the remainder of your tokens differently.

11-Jan-2019 06:56:01

Quick find code: 259-260-393-66074582 Back to Top