Forums

Jack Of All Trades Hiscores

Quick find code: 259-260-379-65844364

Potato on Rs

Potato on Rs

Posts: 1,764 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Singularity said :
This was bound to be more common than its bossing counterpart (Insane Final Boss?). Mainly because IFB has a huge turn-off: that being Vitalis, dropped from a boss that requires to be killed in a group and it's not really easy to get unless lucky. It's the only reason why the PvM variant of the title is "rarer".

This title has no huge turn-off factors like that. So yeah, it's going to become common as time passes. Players are already on the "XP train" as it is and most will likely get their titles before they reach 5.4B XP. :|

Not to mention, skills inevitably get easier and this will make future pet hunting even more laid-back. Who knows, those "ugh" skills (Hunt, Con and Agility) may get even easier slowly removing that "ugh" factor they currently have.

Bernie, for some reason, does seem like it's the longest pet to actually get. Based on my current experience anyway. My "pet gains" have slowed to a halt since going for Bernie.

Yeah, I also don't get why they limited bernie to bonfiring. Making the most afk method the most benificial one is detrimental.

I wasn't only comparing it to ifb, however. I could see it becoming more common than trim, mainly as people passively gain pets through skilling they will get close enough to go for all of them, which is not true for most other achievements.

Since lots are afk, anybody considering going for trim could just go for this instead since you could probably bang out half (or more) of the pets in the time it takes to do cwars. Then you're very likely to get invent/slay and maybe dg (if done traditionally) while getting the 120 reqs.

Most trim reqs aren't passively gained as most are obscure, while altough ifb can be passively earned it is on a much less of a scale.

31-Dec-2016 17:46:01 - Last edited on 31-Dec-2016 18:07:40 by Potato on Rs

Potato on Rs

Potato on Rs

Posts: 1,764 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Also, there are only a handful of bosses that people actually kill, and a lot of people tend to stick to only a couple bosses (plus bosses like rots/raids don't even count). Meanwhile with joat it will be completely lossless for skillers that start after skill pet release, plus pvmers with xp goals will make lots of lossless progress as well (eg every dxpw will cause massive pet gains). Personally I know a lot of pvmers that are pseudo-skillers who already have lots of pets, and would of had much more if skilling pets were released long ago.

Some anecdote: I used to be a skiller but now I mostly pvm, and I've gotten 4 boss pets (over 20%) with absolutely no effort, and this will continue. Had boss pets been released before I started skilling I would of probably had the title already (well besides crafting and agil since sh)

31-Dec-2016 18:03:52 - Last edited on 31-Dec-2016 22:51:11 by Potato on Rs

Sidus
Dec Member 2013

Sidus

Posts: 74 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
used2be 2w said :
U should of made more reserves

i didn't think the title would be as common as it is currently getting, so i did not make a lot of reserves. When it gets to it's end point, i'll just make a new thread and delete this one.

02-Jan-2017 04:00:09

Body btw

Body btw

Posts: 19,488 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I like the xp showing how much they had for joat... so that 1.5b xp luck hmm. I wonder how much xp it took him from pet release to joat.
"Why are you posting threads, asking questions and making discussion???"

All I do anymore is fish - 2017

02-Jan-2017 06:25:23

Quick find code: 259-260-379-65844364 Back to Top