Forums

Have you seen the Lumby Party?

Quick find code: 259-260-37-66197379

Santah Khan
Jul Member 2004

Santah Khan

Posts: 2,858 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Remember the Winter event that was held in the Grand Exchange? No, not this 2020-2021 season, that just had a cracker. Then event from a few years back. You know, the one that had free-resources that were available to P2P, and on a limited bases, FTP.

Now think back to previous Lumby crater events (that didn't include fighting between the gods). What was eventful? Oh yeah, Free XP events, we voted one out of use every so often, but still, free XP events.

Before we voted things out of use, we just Summer Beach parties, where every station was good throughout the event. Again, Free XP events.

Do you see the pattern, why people enjoyed the events?

Fast forward to today. I realize we have a new entity that controls Jagex. Is this what Jagex employee parties look like? "come join the party, but bring your own refreshments and anything else you want to have at the party."

Yay, we have a 20th Anniversary party in the Lumbridge Crater, where we can bring our own smithing supplies. We have access to an anvil and a reheater. Some party, woot woot.

Did I miss something? What is the party?

08-Jan-2021 21:53:24

Megycal
Sep Member 2005

Megycal

Posts: 18,095 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The outfit is nice, especially as it can be recoloured. The lamps from the cook's mini quest are also nice. Once you've got those there is nothing else to go back for, the 10% xp boost for skilling in the crater isn't much of an incentive.

edit to add: I read somewhere in the forums, I forget where, that OSRS has decorations all over Gielinor. Why couldn't RS3 have the same?

10-Jan-2021 11:53:12 - Last edited on 10-Jan-2021 11:55:24 by Megycal

Santah Khan
Jul Member 2004

Santah Khan

Posts: 2,858 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Reminded in game... Oh, but don't forget we get a piece of cake.

Yes, 3% xp boost for the five minutes after we remember to activate it. Then it dies for five minutes, at which time we might see the pop-up on screen that says it's ready again -- unless you're skilling or killing, and the pop-up pops-away.

I don't really get it. 3% for five minutes, then 0% for at least five minutes. So we're talking 1,5% or less.

I don't waste the inventory spot when I'm killing stuff, do you?

Do you waste the inventory spot when skilling? Just for that one moment that you can reactivate it? Or does Jagex think we'll pause, remove the cake from the bank, activate it, then open the bank again, and go back to using the bank-presets.

11-Jan-2021 01:37:58

Quick find code: 259-260-37-66197379 Back to Top