Forums

KYS? Is this even allowed?

Quick find code: 259-260-330-66022484

Sea King
Oct Member 2019

Sea King

Posts: 7,492 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I was talking with this player amicably and out of nowhere, he ends with the conversation with "kys".

I have been playing since 2002 and I have seen a lot of mean-spirited words said but never heard of this "kys" before directed at me.

I ask my friend what "kys" mean and he says ..."kill yourself" and says it's frequently used now.

Is this even allowed on Runescape? It's one thing to be disrespectful but this is one player telling another player to hurt himself fatally in real life.

What if someone depressed took the words seriously and did kill himself after leaving a note describing how the community in a game run by Jagex was the tipping point that resulted in his demise?
If you are willing to chuck your most precious possessions like phats because someone said words like crashing/dying/quitting and then find yourself unable to rebuy for what you sold for, then you don't deserve to own a phat.

28-Jun-2018 11:59:31

Loki
Sep Member 2011

Loki

Posts: 65,226 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sadly your friend is right, and a lot of 'toxic' players use this phrase, as well as 'nys' which is 'neck yourself'. It is disgusting, but people are going to keep saying it until they get muted for it.

The only thing I can recommend is reporting the player for 'Offensive language' and hope that Jagex actually sees it and mutes them, and if you want, adding them to ignore.
• »‡« •
Adam
• »‡« •

Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.

28-Jun-2018 12:14:02

Kcin

Kcin

Posts: 13,685 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Loki said :

The only thing I can recommend is reporting the player for 'Offensive language' and hope that Jagex actually sees it and mutes them, and if you want, adding them to ignore.

Sadly I don't think Jagex can/will do anything, as in the past when curse words would still get you muted, gtfo and lmao or the such were considered fine since they don't actually say anything directly.
[qfc id= 373-374-110-66042164]Support the small QoL updates[/qfc] Ever feel like you have a person who won't leave you alone even if you've asked many times?

28-Jun-2018 13:06:53

CaptKoloth
Feb Member 2008

CaptKoloth

Posts: 10,673 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kcin said :
Loki said :

Sadly I don't think Jagex can/will do anything, as in the past when curse words would still get you muted, gtfo and lmao or the such were considered fine since they don't actually say anything directly.

What is wrong with lmao. That is usually used in jest.

28-Jun-2018 13:52:47 - Last edited on 28-Jun-2018 13:53:33 by CaptKoloth

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

Posts: 7,222 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
editing my replies outta this. idc.
I have quit rsof because moderator found comments about darklight bonus damage on demons "off topic" for wildy flash mobs full of demons

28-Jun-2018 17:23:19 - Last edited on 22-Jul-2018 15:27:26 by J R Kerr

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

Posts: 7,222 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
nah. nope. don't quote me.
I have quit rsof because moderator found comments about darklight bonus damage on demons "off topic" for wildy flash mobs full of demons

28-Jun-2018 17:30:21 - Last edited on 22-Jul-2018 15:28:11 by J R Kerr

Sea King
Oct Member 2019

Sea King

^ the legal argument at the moment is tenous for sure, but the public relations aspect to it would be bad. It's one thing for extremely hateful things being said in an adult forum discussing poiltics and whatnot, but this game is supposed to cater towards many age groups.

Instructing someone to hurt themselves fatally in real life goes well beyond simple name-calling.
If you are willing to chuck your most precious possessions like phats because someone said words like crashing/dying/quitting and then find yourself unable to rebuy for what you sold for, then you don't deserve to own a phat.

28-Jun-2018 21:42:46

Sea King
Oct Member 2019

Sea King

5 years ago, or even 3 years ago, no one ever said kys in world 2. If you are willing to chuck your most precious possessions like phats because someone said words like crashing/dying/quitting and then find yourself unable to rebuy for what you sold for, then you don't deserve to own a phat.

28-Jun-2018 21:43:40

Kcin

Kcin

Posts: 13,685 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
CaptKoloth said :

What is wrong with lmao. That is usually used in jest.

Cause back in the day where you got muted for cussing, ass was considered among those
[qfc id= 373-374-110-66042164]Support the small QoL updates[/qfc] Ever feel like you have a person who won't leave you alone even if you've asked many times?

28-Jun-2018 23:05:14

Quick find code: 259-260-330-66022484 Back to Top