Forums

FSW & RS3, Rollback 9/26

Quick find code: 259-260-322-66263150

Santah Khan
Jul Member 2004

Santah Khan

Posts: 2,858 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi ‘Scapers,

We have made the decision to take RuneScape offline temporarily in order to perform a rollback. This is due to an issue that caused some players to be unable to access Fresh Start Worlds (FSW) as intended during the deployment.

LATEST STATUS UPDATE AS OF 16:30 GAME TIME
Rollback processing has completed and is being transferred to our services for verification. The transfer is running a little slower than predicted, so we're now updating our rolling estimate to 17:30-18:00 Game Time.

This does mean a longer wait than we initially estimated and we apologise to any of you who are eagerly awaiting the reboot to get playing. However, the good news is that this is the final stage to clear before we can re-launch the game. We're getting close.

We'll update you with more specific launch timings as we get near to the end of this final phase so you can be ready to roll as soon as the game returns.

In the interest of fairness for HiScore races and to ensure everyone can access FSW correctly, we’ve disabled RuneScape and will be performing a rollback on everyone’s progress to 12:00pm Game Time – both in the main game and in FSW – during our downtime.*

We understand this news likely comes as a disappointment to many of you who were playing, and we’re very sorry for the disruption. We have a plan to get this sorted and we hope to get you back in asap.

Our current estimate is performing this process safely will take ~ 3 hours, though this estimate is subject to change. We’ll provide hourly updates on progress in this News Post.

26-Sep-2022 18:53:10 - Last edited on 26-Sep-2022 21:53:10 by Santah Khan

Santah Khan
Jul Member 2004

Santah Khan

This is now a timing race, not a skilling race. Who can log in when the rollback is complete, and who had to go to work, school, etc.

Starting it at noon GMT obviously rewards people that live in certain world-time-zones, that can play. Rolling it back (starting over), and delaying it 4ish hours, shifts the benefit.

Because of everyone's different time zone, and their ability to play at a specific time... It should never have been a race to see who can do it first.

It should have been a race to see who can do it fastest, within a specific time period (ie 168 hours from first login after launch, or 192 hours after launch, whichever comes first). or 1 month, etc.

This would have put everyone world wide, on at least equal starting footage. How much time each person can spend in game, rewards the unemployed (unemployed, retired, sick, injured, etc, anyone that can play 16 hours a day.

Nothing is completely fair, never has been. But a quickest to ___ is more fair than the first person to ___.

26-Sep-2022 18:59:22

Santah Khan
Jul Member 2004

Santah Khan

I'm not complaining for me.

I have no desire to start RS over.

I didn't do OSRS for the same reason. Not interested in FSW. I'm certainly hoping that FSW is a taste of what RS2 was like in 2004. Starting fresh, removing make-x, make-all. Take away EOC and go back to legacy mode, with legacy only combat. Put protection prayers back to 100% of attacks. Take away all those bosses that Monty-Hall the game with rewards. etc.

26-Sep-2022 19:03:05

Quick find code: 259-260-322-66263150 Back to Top