Forums

royal crossbreed issue

Quick find code: 259-260-306-66055140

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

Posts: 7,222 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
so reddit is a mess on the topic, but there is apparently a bug, glitch, something goin on that makes crossbreeeding a royal and a black work funny. with two blacks in a large paddock it still feels like 80% chance of success, but so far from collected testimony its like a 25% chance for royal + black?

some people testify they're going 3 or so days til egg. please spare me the shit I already read and know that large paddocks have no bad luck mitigation. I know. don't keep misusing that word RNG and act fatalist either. ...and just fyi RNG is now a common misnomer. it originally meant like a back door. like 75king. an exploit. people write/say RNG now and all they mean is "random" but want to look cool. its annoying, so please don't.

in my case please assume Im not stupid, or assume I havent failed in my due dilligence looking for ways I mighta dickbeat it.

Sample pen
elder royal female shock, instable, radiant w/ 100% health happiness
elder black male frost, poison, radiant
trough always full 1,000 fishy mush
and to best of my recollection hasn't laid an egg yet. After 3 dats dry, I emptied the pen of food, manure, animals; and then replaced them... and after 24+ hrs observed truly weird thing: the northwest paddock stayed eggless, but the south eastern large paddock with two blacks had egg, and as soon as I collected it spat a second egg right behind it... as if the royal pen shot its egg across the farm?

don't tell me to bug report, cause I already did, but if anyone knows any other workaround for now, like... oh dont use fish, use meat, or royals only breed in the breeding pen right now... then please thanks etc. lemme know that.
I have quit rsof because moderator found comments about darklight bonus damage on demons "off topic" for wildy flash mobs full of demons

24-Oct-2018 16:10:09

Cyanid
Jan Member 2006

Cyanid

Posts: 24,133 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
only black dragons can be shinies, so if you're crossbreeding you have a reduced chance of getting a shiny. best chance is 2 black dragon parents

¸¬°™°¬¸
With
¸¬°™°¬¸
Closed Eyes
¸¬°™°¬¸
I §ee
¸¬°™°¬¸
’¸·ˆ·¸
¶¶
`»—«’
¶right¶
`•
†hrøugh
•’
¶¥øu¶
`»—«’
¶¶
¸·ˆ·¸‘

‘•»¸¸«¤°˜¯‘•¸
¶¶¶¶¶
`
¤•¤
¶¶¶¶¶
¸•’¯˜°¤»¸¸«•’

°¬_¸–’
’¸¤·¤¸‘
‘–¸_¬°

24-Oct-2018 22:27:04

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

no I have that dragonkin ach ticked off.
I just want regular eggs from a royal+black pair for beans to the raptor.
Im not even getting the shitty eggs.

feels bugged like the hotfix to make us do 3 breaths broke it.
I have quit rsof because moderator found comments about darklight bonus damage on demons "off topic" for wildy flash mobs full of demons

25-Oct-2018 03:16:44

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

I have to posit, too, that testimony from people like "my royal and my black do egg every 3 days" - they've forgotten about parthenogenesis, and its their black reproducing all by itself. I think royals are fuckless in large paddocks. I think they messed it up.

25-Oct-2018 12:46:10

Quick find code: 259-260-306-66055140 Back to Top