Forums

daemoncap origin

Quick find code: 259-260-269-66046860

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

Posts: 7,222 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I want the back story on daemoncaps. I think its erroneous to assume they involve farming in daemonheim because the ramokee is already from daemonheim and imbuing all kinds of polypore stuff in our dimension already.

1. Where was their originally intended spawn point? If you have done master clues lately and had to go talk to the ramokee skinweaver, then all dialogue hints she could, with lots of supplies, imbue your fungal offerings. I tried using zygo on her to prompt her to talk about them, and nada. I havent tried talking to her with unchecked zygo in my bag yet. Has anyone gotten an
unchecked gloomshroom
doing anything in the ganodermic dungeon? Like... picking neem drupes off the vines? I have got an unchecked gloom zygo from blooming logs in morytania (and I posit that was originally the only way to get them with zanarians from morchella, and arcspores from the arc).

2. the one google indexed reddit thread that shauny already replied to suggests people already bred all of them, and I feel like I have seen them float by, but that people don't remember how they got them. Other stuff in the medium paddock hinges on season, night, boss fights, totems, etc, so it seems to me like daemoncaps could be from trait "mysterious" which is the only wikia listed trait with ??? like the dev notes were intentionally vague about what that trait does, and could be some kinda play on "feminine mystique" and need to be on the female while loyal is on the male, or all of that, but in spring, or w/e. Something weird. Any of y'all have ideas?

I'm sure there is rare chance to breed to it from "good breeding" and going down, or from trading and then rolling til you have "strong genes" to make more, but... thats not actually my main point.
I have quit rsof because moderator found comments about darklight bonus damage on demons "off topic" for wildy flash mobs full of demons

21-Sep-2018 15:49:26

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

moreover I -do- think this is one of those times its -true- that they can say "its not a glitch its a feature" because whatever mechanism like... it was gonna be in a quest you bring a male and female gloom and the ramokee skinweaver, her ladyship; and her lackey the orko looking mushroom man in skeletal armour help you imbue the mateable pair to produce a daemoncap... and then learn to do it imbuing them with polypore spores, fire runes, flakes, etc was something they thought we would camp too much, so they took it out.

so really I want to reverse engineer a plausible explanation, show the interest in it, and reinforce any of them who have more content available they want to do as "passion project" later.

zygo are cool, man. more of that.
I have quit rsof because moderator found comments about darklight bonus damage on demons "off topic" for wildy flash mobs full of demons

21-Sep-2018 16:00:36

Follow
Jul Member 2010

Follow

Posts: 10,934 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I doubt daemoncap zygomites have anything to do with Daemonheim other than a nod in their name.

My bet is that either zygomite breeding is glitched and daemoncaps are supposed to breed occasionally from other types but don't, or, and this is less likely and slightly far-fetched, there are specific conditions they will only breed under, possibly a mix of particular time of day, season, and something else.

The latter is unlikely because no other animal on the farm has conditions this complicated. Sure, black sheep and night spiders only breed between 11PM and 11AM game time, and there are four types of seasonal sheep, but it's never a mix of a few different requirements.

The fact that people have already bred magical zygomites and that nobody has seen any daemoncap zygomites means there's something going on. Surely, one of the standard variants wouldn't be rarer than a shiny. Furthermore, I've seen players with completed collection logs for all kinds of animals except for zygomites.

So yeah, look out for a patch note tomorrow saying it's been fixed, otherwise we have quite a mystery on our hands.

Edit: I was right, the chance was increased in today's patch notes. They don't have anything to do with Dungeoneering, you get them from breeding other types.
Join the RuneScape community on Reddit in
/r/runescape

23-Sep-2018 23:05:49 - Last edited on 24-Sep-2018 13:50:29 by Follow

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

fzzybnyslprs said :
that is incorrect to the poster who said " You can't even farm mushrooms in Dungeoneering."
in fact you can plant and harvest edicap and gissel mushroom spores used in cooking. will they give unchecked zygo? no idea.

yeah you're on the same track.

I wonder if they imagined being able to walk out of daemonheim with something, and aborted those plans, or if they were moreso thinking about polypore dungeon.

I scored a 1tm studly dcap this morning, so now waiting to tick it off the breeding log, but can't help ruminate on where they were originally intended to come from.

25-Sep-2018 05:22:20

Quick find code: 259-260-269-66046860 Back to Top