Forums

Solak leach

Quick find code: 259-260-243-66015784

Zparanoid

Zparanoid

Posts: 3,945 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
King Tulla said :
Zparanoid said :
I'm glad that Jagex have produced a non-leechy boss.

Always hated leechscape, as I suck at leeching - Too much desire to actually play the game engagingly, means I make for a bad leech. :)

max caper prod rigth?

Not quite what you mean by that - but I was comped prior to this week's update. First maxed in 2010 comped in 2011, if that helps.

30-May-2018 16:04:26

Bentoki
Jan Member 2023

Bentoki

Posts: 846 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
People haven't got legit group mode kills yet I dunno you will be able to leech. I've been dpsing with a mate and I run out of food by P3 when you get fucked up by the minions, I just don't see a leech being able to stay alive regardless of the team being okay with them being bad, especially in P1 when you basically need everyone to do a full sunshine followed by a full onsl

30-May-2018 16:06:55 - Last edited on 30-May-2018 16:10:20 by Bentoki

Blasphemite
Aug Member 2008

Blasphemite

Posts: 12,334 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Ramen said in the stream that you will not fulfill the comp requirement if you die and the team goes on to win, even if you stay logged in the same world.

However, he was quite distracted when he was being asked that and I'm not sure it's true.

If it's not, you can just join as a leech, die immediately, and stand on the agility pillars for 10 minutes.
For stardust thou art , and unto stardust shalt thou return.

30-May-2018 21:38:38

King Tulla
Jan Member 2010

King Tulla

Posts: 4,249 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Zparanoid said :
King Tulla said :
Zparanoid said :
I'm glad that Jagex have produced a non-leechy boss.

Always hated leechscape, as I suck at leeching - Too much desire to actually play the game engagingly, means I make for a bad leech. :)

max caper prod rigth?

Not quite what you mean by that - but I was comped prior to this week's update. First maxed in 2010 comped in 2011, if that helps.

2012 comper if that helps?
.Tulla

30-May-2018 21:55:22 - Last edited on 30-May-2018 21:57:34 by King Tulla

Lithuanian
Apr Member 2014

Lithuanian

Posts: 2,913 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Blasphemite said :
Mod Ramen said in the stream that you will not fulfill the comp requirement if you die and the team goes on to win, even if you stay logged in the same world.

However, he was quite distracted when he was being asked that and I'm not sure it's true.

If it's not, you can just join as a leech, die immediately, and stand on the agility pillars for 10 minutes.

If you die you can still loot if you're still logged in when the kill happens (same as raids). But you won't get kc if you die. [Someone actually already died on a successful kill before Solak was dead and got the loot, but no kc - so confirmed.

As for reaper req for comp, just before solak release they re-confirmed group bosses are getting removed from comp cape, including the music tracks, I think they said entering the boss fight will be sufficient to unlock all tracks entitled to that particular boss.

They also said why they didn't removed group bosses from comp with solak release, I can't remember what the reasoning was, but I think it's because they wanted to keep hype around solak and get more people to do/try it
Success
consists of going from
failure
to
failure
without loss of
enthusiasm

5.6b xp [x] Moa [x] Mqc [x] Trim [x] Boss/Slay Logs [x] Max Runescore [x]

31-May-2018 12:47:35

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Posts: 24,511 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lithuanian said :

As for reaper req for comp, just before solak release they re-confirmed group bosses are getting removed from comp cape, including the music tracks, I think they said entering the boss fight will be sufficient to unlock all tracks entitled to that particular boss.

Y'all got the source material for this?
"Revenge...is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion."- Jeremy Taylor

31-May-2018 13:03:36

Tom Grey

Tom Grey

Posts: 7,213 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lithuanian said :
Blasphemite said :

If you die you can still loot if you're still logged in when the kill happens (same as raids). But you won't get kc if you die. [Someone actually already died on a successful kill before Solak was dead and got the loot, but no kc - so confirmed.

They also said why they didn't removed group bosses from comp with solak release, I can't remember what the reasoning was, but I think it's because they wanted to keep hype around solak and get more people to do/try it

But that is just usual b/s tho. They said that solak is on comp to be in line with other bosses before they figure out and rework the comp cape. I'm sorry, but the rework of the comp cape "discussions" have been going on for almost 3 years according to jagex. No concrete plans. And when asked about it, they just shut down and don't respond.

31-May-2018 13:30:37

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,453 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lithuanian said :

Didn't they just say they were going to talk about potentially changing it? I don't recall them ever 100% confirming on stream that they are going to remove group bosses from comp cape.

I just can't see them removing Solak from comp now, especially considering how they'd be people out there working hard to get theirs back (off-stream). Removing it in the future would be a big slap in the face to those that put in the effort to beat Solak in order to re-claim their capes.

They're probably just hoping this whole comp issue blows over and people give up trying to rally for a change to the cape requirements. If they were going to change how comp worked when it came to bosses, they'd have done so already. It's not a new problem. It's been an "issue" to people for years now and nothing changed. To think otherwise is just creating false hope I guess.

31-May-2018 17:04:41 - Last edited on 31-May-2018 17:05:25 by Singularity

Quick find code: 259-260-243-66015784 Back to Top