Forums

New Skill Coming Out Soon™

Quick find code: 259-260-238-66122325

Loki
Sep Member 2011

Loki

Posts: 65,226 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So... a new skill was just announced on stream by Mod Osbourne that will be coming out soon. See the clip from Twitch here: https://clips.twitch.tv/AlluringCautiousCarabeefDuDudu

- What do you think the skill will be?
- What would you like the skill to be?
- Do you think this will be a 120 skill (elite skill similar to Invention)?
- When it comes out, are you going to try and race to 99/120/200M?

Me personally:

- Talks of a 'necromancy' skill have been spoken of several times throughout the years, so I'm think it may be this.
- Slavery; I would like to have someone kill bosses or slayer creatures for me, and I still get all the rewards and XP while I sleep, even if it's not the full amount.
- I strongly think this will be a 120 skill based on the annual survey and the recent announcement to make all skills 120.
- Depends how expensive it is, although I work a lot so I doubt I'd 'race' to finish it off.
• »‡« •
Adam
• »‡« •

Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.

24-Sep-2019 17:56:58

Cyanid
Jan Member 2006

Cyanid

Posts: 24,133 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I heard it will be archaeology

Loki said :
- Slavery;

I seriously doubt Slavery will ever become a skill in runescape.

¸¬°™°¬¸
With
¸¬°™°¬¸
Closed Eyes
¸¬°™°¬¸
I §ee
¸¬°™°¬¸
’¸·ˆ·¸
¶¶
`»—«’
¶right¶
`•
†hrøugh
•’
¶¥øu¶
`»—«’
¶¶
¸·ˆ·¸‘
‘•»¸¸«¤°˜¯‘•¸
¶¶¶¶¶
`
¤•¤
¶¶¶¶¶
¸•’¯˜°¤»¸¸«•’
°¬_¸–’
’¸¤·¤¸‘
‘–¸_¬°

24-Sep-2019 22:01:56 - Last edited on 24-Sep-2019 22:09:30 by Cyanid

Dulcis Nex
Dec Member 2021

Dulcis Nex

Posts: 2,216 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I really hope its not Archaeology because it will be a boring as fk skill but it looks like thats what its going to be. We haven't actually done any expedition on anachlamydia other than turning up and building our camp and doing comp/trim reqs on the side, we haven't explored the ruins or looked for Kerpac or done anything really that we came to do.

Jagex said they will be releasing more anachlamydia content over the next few months so we'll see. Hopefully Archaeology is just some random activity that isn't a skill that you dont have to do.
You'll get it when you deserve it.

25-Sep-2019 04:54:06

Lauri El

Lauri El

Posts: 25,993 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Are they really turning all skills to 120 lol? Any eta for that lmao? Are they running out of spinmoney..

Also not thinking anything about the new skill, this might just be some bs considering all the mtx hate. They are probably busy brainstorming atm about what the new skill might be so they can announce it on runefest, start working on it in august and release it with 2021 Runefest
Cassie Blake

25-Sep-2019 18:05:20 - Last edited on 25-Sep-2019 18:05:58 by Lauri El

Lauri El

Lauri El

Posts: 25,993 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
On second thought I support Breeding skill.
First you start with cows and rabbits, then move on to goblins, jogres, hopgoblins etc until you finally get to 120 so you can marry another rs player and create a family of happy std's
Cassie Blake

25-Sep-2019 18:07:56

Loki
Sep Member 2011

Loki

Posts: 65,226 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lauri El said :
Are they really turning all skills to 120 lol? Any eta for that lmao? Are they running out of spinmoney..

Also not thinking anything about the new skill, this might just be some bs considering all the mtx hate. They are probably busy brainstorming atm about what the new skill might be so they can announce it on runefest, start working on it in august and release it with 2021 Runefest
Yeah - Mod Osborne confirmed that they're going to make all skills to 120 next year (unknown when), despite many people saying they don't want it.

On the stream last week I believe, it was mentioned that they've already begun work on 2 120s, which have been speculated as being 120 summoning and 120 construction
• »‡« •
Adam
• »‡« •

Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.

25-Sep-2019 18:27:52

Chee
Jul Member 2016

Chee

Posts: 1,946 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
whatever they can incorporate into Anachronia. It's so fucking out of left field to have us sail to a new island to 'try to find' a dragonkin that left that island long ago. Also, when the hell was Kerapac/the other dragonkin even on that island. Like WTF?

That said, I think it's pretty obvious that it will be Archeology/something related to digging up bones because there's literally no other reason for Dino Island to exist. Obviously it's going to be an elite skill, because they'll use any excuse they can to bump the max level up to 120. It sells more spins after all. I doubt it will be Necromancy even though I (and I'm sure many others) would love a spin-off skill for Magic and Summoning (and Prayer? Or Slayer?).

e: also, 'slavery'? yikes. I could see something like 'Mentoring' (I mean we already do that for Meg every week), but outside of time-gating it (
terrible idea Jagex, no one likes timegates, don't you fucking dare
), I don't know how else you would be able to progress the skill.
@Chee__RS
Maxed
Ironwoman
Completionist
Q
ue
st Mas
te
r

Max: 28 Jan 2018 | MQC: 9 Aug 2019 | Comp: 18 Oct 2019

25-Sep-2019 19:07:34 - Last edited on 25-Sep-2019 19:10:35 by Chee

Jellefish
Dec Member 2008

Jellefish

Posts: 400 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think it'll be Content creation where you have to work as a group to create a piece of content for the game. One person has to create the dialogue one has to create the art work. One has to plan a quest around the skills release. One person has to make a twitch/youtube video to get the hype up about it. And the final member has to put a bunch of coding errors into the content which bugs specific bits to give uber bonus's and leak these exploits to high profile players so they reap all the beginning rewards.

This is definitely you training a skill not doing the mods job for them btw.

26-Sep-2019 08:21:37

Quick find code: 259-260-238-66122325 Back to Top