Forums

Pyramid Plunder

Quick find code: 259-260-17-66191735

Frafabowa

Frafabowa

Posts: 2,403 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Finally finished getting all 7 drops from Pyramid Plunder (4 pieces of Black Ibis, Menaphyrite, Jenifurr spawn, and Scepter of the Gods). I wasn't really keeping track of how long it took me or experience rates, but I believe my thieving XP counter was around 1.5m when I started and 6m when it ended, and when I used a Festive Aura today (which included looting the Engraved Sarcophagus and harvesting some Crystal Blossoms), I basically exhausted the 50000 experience at the 27 minute mark. I'm guessing because of this XP rates were a bit less than 200k/hr, meaning it took me around 23 hours to do all of this.

Some thoughts:
-I think having this content (besides the Sandy title) off of comp and trim is a mistake. I guess the idea is they didn't include the lumberjack outfit back when comp came out because it wasn't a "permanent unlock" back then, and since then adding in outfits would both break precedent and cause MTX issues. I don't really think those excuses fly, though - outfits are absolutely permanent unlocks at this point, and the majority of them that aren't MTX can easily be treated differently from the ones that are. Also, there's plenty of achievements that ask the player to fully experience content that aren't really "ermanent unlocks"; - personally mauling Vorago, for instance. Having MTX that speeds up reqs might look a bit ugly, but weekend events are already basically doing that - I don't think it'd really be that harmful.
-The Scepter has good teleports, but for being so rare and linked so heavily to Thieving I think it could stand to be a bit more powerful for Thieving. As is, the room 7 urns are useless since I don't have the time to entirely loot both rooms anyway, and having the scepter+anti-poison totem+camo equipped means I can't have Wise. Also, PP is bad XP...
-I have absolutely no idea why Safes needed to be so much better than anything else. I'm glad PP isn't optimal XP because it isn't fun, but why can't it (and pickpocketing) be close?

02-Dec-2020 04:37:41 - Last edited on 02-Dec-2020 04:49:26 by Frafabowa

The contents of this message have been hidden.

05-Dec-2020 09:09:35

Quick find code: 259-260-17-66191735 Back to Top