Forums

HLF General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579

Hevilmystic
Feb Member 2022

Hevilmystic

Posts: 60,012 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kyrie said :
you may not watch the races for a winner but you are in the minority.

i was reading something online earlier about this weekends race not selling half of its capacity. f1 needs to change really, it's like pro wrestling... it had its fame before but other sports and entertainment are far ahead in popularity now

Alright, yeah. The audiences are dropping. I'd love to see your statistics on this being down to one person winning, though?

(Something like sub 50,000 people at Hockenheim this weekend?), the Nurburgring had a low audience last year too. 2012 was one of the best seasons of recent years too, and the start of 2013 didn't have Vettel dominating, so that's not really an excuse for the audiences dropping.

In my opinion, and a lot of peoples opinion (going by Reddit/some smaller media sites here), it's mainly down to Formula 1 not embracing the modern age of broadcasting, and the media. The fact Bernie Ecclestone is both eternal, and rich, really is not helping. He thinks the internet is a 'fad' and that everyone will stop using it in the next few years. When, and/or if someone a lot younger replaces him, F1's global audience will improve. :p
Unslain Bosses - Clan

20-Jul-2014 12:47:34

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579 Back to Top