Forums

HLF General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579

Xerdge

Xerdge

Posts: 2,852 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hevilmystic said :
Whoever was asking about queueing yesterday:

Original message details are unavailable.
Hey guys,

Last week we changed the queuing functionality to abide to 3 ticks (1.8 seconds) rather than the 2 (1.2) seconds that it was running at.
The reason for doing this was; those using queuing would always have an advantage over manual users.  I'm not disputing that this could be seen as taking more skill and planning within your combat, but the damage rates were not accessible by all.
Now, a few of you (myself included) might say "why not just make all modes 2 ticks rather than 3".  Well, one of the mods did this in a test server and I can say it feels more fluid in all modes than ever before.
However with the fluidity also comes more damage, quicker kills and greater healing per soul split.  This is because as you lay down more abilities per minute and gain more adrenaline than originally designed for.

We could push this into the game but with many combat updates planned; legacy, ability / boss tweaks etc. we are likely to run into issues, specifically balancing.  I would expect boss times to drop drastically and that's without you guys finding all the tricks and combos with adrenaline gaining means, damage boosters etc. ;)
With all the above in mind, we're planning to leave it as it is.

We will ccontinue to develop and release our current combat updates and then push to give you the most fluid combat system, no matter what mode you want to play in!
Yours sincerely
Mod Dean

Ackk, they are aware that with this change if your using Q'ing + revolution, and go to Q a threshold/ultimate, by the time it finally fires off whatever your killing is redbarred or dead, right?

Perhaps thats how it was meant to be, useless. Welp, I'm upset - I quite liked interactive combat that wasn't clunky as hell.

08-Jul-2014 17:20:29

HyunA

HyunA

Posts: 23,608 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Gwynrwyn said :
lol

HyunA said :
If anyone is interested in AOE2 Videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhCIEMPy2O8

How to win against 2 people farming rank points.

This is for you Gwynrwyn!

¨'¹¸
¸*¸
……
'Such Asian'
¸„‹'ˆˆ¨,
..………
……
‘.,¸;¸,.'
…….
'Very Blue
.……