HLF General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579

Dodo
May Member 2022

Dodo

Posts: 18,920 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Manks said :
Singularity said :
Is there any need to watch episode 0 (unaired pilot) of Sherlock? It's on the site but is it the same or what

''Winter is coming.''

I can't remember that, but it can't hurt to. Guessing it'll just be a small intro to it.

I didn't know this episode existed!

10-Jun-2013 18:06:15

Joep

Joep

Posts: 3,752 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Puggles said :
I don't understand how people can deal with blood, gore and violence yet they can't deal with nudity or language. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Nudity and sex scenes to me are hard to watch because of my respect for other people's privacy. Sex is something between the people that are doing it, I feel bad becoming part of their relationship by watching it. Even though it is a TV show and staged for our entertainment I can't just pull that switch and feel ok about it.

Blood gore and violence (and language) are simply things with a maturity factor. I've been able to watch those with no problems since I was a child. Violence is something you see every day on the news, people get used to it.

Sexuality can be a bit of a hard topic to talk about. In real life it's something that people avoid becoming open about. People don't get the chance to become comfortable with it. This drives them to feel ashamed or have other negative feelings when watching it.

I personally don't mind watching those scenes now. They don't interest me though and usually don't add much to the plot either.

10-Jun-2013 18:17:06

Manks
Dec Member 2008

Manks

Posts: 9,112 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Joep said :
Puggles said :
I don't understand how people can deal with blood, gore and violence yet they can't deal with nudity or language. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Nudity and sex scenes to me are hard to watch because of my respect for other people's privacy. Sex is something between the people that are doing it, I feel bad becoming part of their relationship by watching it. Even though it is a TV show and staged for our entertainment I can't just pull that switch and feel ok about it.

Blood gore and violence (and language) are simply things with a maturity factor. I've been able to watch those with no problems since I was a child. Violence is something you see every day on the news, people get used to it.

Sexuality can be a bit of a hard topic to talk about. In real life it's something that people avoid becoming open about. People don't get the chance to become comfortable with it. This drives them to feel ashamed or have other negative feelings when watching it.

Very well put.

10-Jun-2013 18:29:16

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579 Back to Top