Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579

Gwynrwyn
Sep Member 2003

Gwynrwyn

Posts: 7,860 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Diz said :
Gwynrwyn said :
I check every morning but there are no horns or internal flame :(

I think that's technically racism if you're getting rejected on those grounds :/
How would you convert logs to planks almost instantaneously without horns and combustion?
"If good things lasted forever, would we appreciate how precious they are?" - Bill Watterson

07-Apr-2014 13:03:28

Gwynrwyn
Sep Member 2003

Gwynrwyn

Singularity said :
Can't use the quick-banking presets if you have an aura active..

Well looks like it's useless for most bosses then.. :|
You could have a preset without the aura, then make one extra withdrawal :D
"If good things lasted forever, would we appreciate how precious they are?" - Bill Watterson

07-Apr-2014 13:06:41

Lathow
Oct Member 2005

Lathow

Posts: 20,529 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The click response is just an illusion. Withdrawing is partially client sided now. The action displays complete before the server verifies it. Try withdrawing all of an item and you'll see one item withdrawn, then 28 when the server updates the client with the outcome of the action.

With the exception of a few things like this and ge interfaces (not the queries though) the game runs 100% on the server. The reason I say partially is because, without the server verifying that the item was indeed withdrawn, it never happened.

Other games run locally a lot more than this. That means less processing for the server, who basically acts as a middle man, and instant response to everything. The downside is a requirement to implement client security to prevent players from messing with it, and inevitably lower security as the client can never be completely secure.

Imagine how fast paced and cool the game would be if it didn't have to rely on the servers so much though.
Hi

07-Apr-2014 13:08:18

Gwynrwyn
Sep Member 2003

Gwynrwyn

Diz said :
Gwynrwyn said :
Diz said :
I think you'd have to ask Rick to be honest, he seems to manage
Lazy bastard doesn't even go to the sawmill I think.

He makes a lovely cup of tea, though!
Yup :) Just don't think about where his fingers have been.

07-Apr-2014 13:11:25

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579 Back to Top