HLF General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579

Seeker
Jun Member 2008

Seeker

Posts: 65,657 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Morgan said :
Seeker said :
Thought drygores broke cos I kept failing at dark beasts; however, I tracked it down to the mask being range classed...
So by this you mean it only boosts range? :( That sucks if it's true. Masks should be hybrid/All.

Yes, though their main use is forcing one daily task@

04-Apr-2014 23:59:25

HyunA

HyunA

Posts: 23,608 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Seeker said :
Morgan said :
Seeker said :
Thought drygores broke cos I kept failing at dark beasts; however, I tracked it down to the mask being range classed...
So by this you mean it only boosts range? :( That sucks if it's true. Masks should be hybrid/All.

Yes, though their main use is forcing one daily task@

Am I the only one who thinks the weakness system SHOULD have been for bosses and not Slayer Monsters?

For a start, the lore on demons being weak to magic was completely neglected and shat on when some random person applying the weakness to the mob gave it a ranged weakness. There was a thread ages back on illogical weaknesses idk if it still exists but yeah, goes to show how much planning went into the great combat system.

I don't resent it in anyway. I've tolerated it. Just amuses me how the game itself can be so ignorant of it's own mistake.

…….
'I would sail across the east šea
…………….
,·`¸
………
Just to see you on the far side
……….….
,' ,’‘, ',
……
Where the wind is cold and angry
,¹'¹·.' ,'
’,’
There you'll be able to take me insidé '.,¸¸, '
@HyunAOP

05-Apr-2014 00:11:56

Sagzee
Jan Member 2006

Sagzee

Posts: 48,694 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
HyunA said :
For a start, the lore on demons being weak to magic was completely neglected and shat on when some random person applying the weakness to the mob gave it a ranged weakness. There was a thread ages back on illogical weaknesses idk if it still exists but yeah, goes to show how much planning went into the great combat system.

^^^^^

I've always wondered that lol. O_o

For years it been weak against mage for them, now lessers are weak to range. Are greaters too? For some reason I want to say they are weak to mage still, like I may have seen them in a dunge to be weak against a spell. Not sure tho. Same for black demons?

If so, the heck are lesser demons exempt from dat then? O_o

That and, if you use melee, on a solo/duo dunge as an example, ya bump into a lesser = there for a billionty seven years killing it. Come across a greater = confetti demon.

>> = <<
????????

05-Apr-2014 00:16:24

Seeker
Jun Member 2008

Seeker

Posts: 65,657 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Spent 10 minutes killing grifolapines before realising I had ganodermic beasts assigned

Time to sleep.

E: I believe black demons are weak to range since they started using magic, yus :c

05-Apr-2014 00:18:01 - Last edited on 05-Apr-2014 00:20:49 by Seeker

HyunA

HyunA

Posts: 23,608 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sagzee said :
HyunA said :

^^^^^

I've always wondered that lol. O_o

For years it been weak against mage for them, now lessers are weak to range. Are greaters too? For some reason I want to say they are weak to mage still, like I may have seen them in a dunge to be weak against a spell. Not sure tho. Same for black demons?

If so, the heck are lesser demons exempt from dat then? O_o

That and, if you use melee, on a solo/duo dunge as an example, ya bump into a lesser = there for a billionty seven years killing it. Come across a greater = confetti demon.

>> = <<
????????

All Demons weak to ranged. But who cares about weaknesses when you have Seismics eh?

Also I know Pre-EoC nobody actually maged Demons unless you used SoA and most people in DG hexed them however. The Hex has had magical properties which hit hard and outdpsed even the Primal 2h on magical creatures, demons and dragons. Even Brutes lol.

Rip the good days. Brb gonna cry.

…….
'I would sail across the east šea
…………….
,·`¸
………
Just to see you on the far side
……….….
,' ,’‘, ',
……
Where the wind is cold and angry
,¹'¹·.' ,'