Forums

HLF General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579

Agumon

Agumon

Posts: 15,537 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You Pick It said :
For the sake of cooking, I do hope they dip in price a bit. The 750 gp loss per rocktail is a bit steep in my opinion :/

Hmm....I could see why that may be steep for some. But if they do dip, even a bit, will only cause more people to want to cook making cooked rocktails abundant again and more-or-less make the price ratio similar again.

Personally don't intend to train buyables, by much, but also don't want to be a douche by hoping price gap increases or something lol. Since of course that's a different kind of game becoming ''challenging'' than what I want from updates..so hope the gap turns smaller for your sake.

I have some cash stored in materials for buyables though since I'd like a 30m base some day, I know I'm capable just time restrictions with work/studies etc. so I have like 20m xp worth of summer pies if you want to talk about price gaps between raw and cooked.. ;)
soon™

25-Mar-2014 05:10:29

Zamorak83432

Zamorak83432

Posts: 10,679 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You Pick It said :
Zamorak83432 said :
Thought the quest was lame honestly. yeah the lore was nice, but the combat and puzzles were way to easy

I don't know if I would go so far as to call it lame, but I was not blown away by any means. I enjoyed the quest a lot though, I just feel like I let my expectations and hype surrounding Zaros and the quest get the better of me.

I will say however, that I am looking forward to what comes next!

Yeah i think lame was the wrong word. Dont think anything will ever top the epicness of WGS
Strength Through Chaos
|

25-Mar-2014 05:12:29

Agumon

Agumon

^ WGS sleep was the bomb, killed off prominent characters/important quest people, introduced new monster, new items, had a realistic xp reward w/o being stupidly absurd amounts for free.

Most importantly, it had requirements. I understand they want to spread the lore to lower lvl players..but what they fail to see is they cannot supply difficult puzzles/quests to others players if they have to cater to EVERYONE, isn't that the purpose of quests have restrictions so high level players can have challenges without lower level players complaining about the difficulty...

But you know, what do I know only a man wearing goggles. Gonna do last 2 quests out this weekend I hope though.
soon™

25-Mar-2014 05:21:13

You Pick It

You Pick It

Posts: 8,320 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Zamorak83432 said :
You Pick It said :
Zamorak83432 said :
Thought the quest was lame honestly. yeah the lore was nice, but the combat and puzzles were way to easy

I don't know if I would go so far as to call it lame, but I was not blown away by any means. I enjoyed the quest a lot though, I just feel like I let my expectations and hype surrounding Zaros and the quest get the better of me.

I will say however, that I am looking forward to what comes next!

Dont think anything will ever top the epicness of WGS

Agreed. What is funny though, is that the last two quests were created off of the WGS template - or so they say - because tons of people say that WGS is their favorite quest.

25-Mar-2014 05:26:08 - Last edited on 25-Mar-2014 05:32:39 by You Pick It

You Pick It

You Pick It

Agumon said :
^ WGS sleep was the bomb, killed off prominent characters/important quest people, introduced new monster, new items, had a realistic xp reward w/o being stupidly absurd amounts for free.

Most importantly, it had requirements. I understand they want to spread the lore to lower lvl players..but what they fail to see is they cannot supply difficult puzzles/quests to others players if they have to cater to EVERYONE, isn't that the purpose of quests have restrictions so high level players can have challenges without lower level players complaining about the difficulty...

But you know, what do I know only a man wearing goggles. Gonna do last 2 quests out this weekend I hope though.

I couldn't have said it better myself. Fin #1.

I don't know if you usually use guides or not, but I decided not to for the last two quests, and I honestly feel like I would have had the same experience regardless if I had used a guide or not, in addition to saving time as well. This is just some food for thought during this upcoming week as you decide how to approach the quests.

25-Mar-2014 05:32:18

You Pick It

You Pick It

Agumon said :
You Pick It said :
For the sake of cooking, I do hope they dip in price a bit. The 750 gp loss per rocktail is a bit steep in my opinion :/

Hmm....I could see why that may be steep for some. But if they do dip, even a bit, will only cause more people to want to cook making cooked rocktails abundant again and more-or-less make the price ratio similar again.

Personally don't intend to train buyables, by much, but also don't want to be a douche by hoping price gap increases or something lol. Since of course that's a different kind of game becoming ''challenging'' than what I want from updates..so hope the gap turns smaller for your sake.

I have some cash stored in materials for buyables though since I'd like a 30m base some day, I know I'm capable just time restrictions with work/studies etc. so I have like 20m xp worth of summer pies if you want to talk about price gaps between raw and cooked.. ;)

Thanks, but no thanks haha. :P

I hate talking about money, and nobody said you had to train cooking that way! :O

25-Mar-2014 05:35:35

Agumon

Agumon

Yeah ik, mostly cash holding purpose now, had them banked when mage xp didn't have more useful ways to be obtained. Will probably sell if/when I work on 30m base for something more practical since I rather afk walkers/dags with mage instead...afk time is very valuable when it's practically all you can do during busy times :(
soon™

25-Mar-2014 06:20:53

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579 Back to Top