Forums

HLF General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579

Seeker
Jun Member 2008

Seeker

Posts: 65,655 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Local God said :
instead of making a thread I figured I'd just post this here..

is it just me or are ALL threads unthread worthy these days?

Hasn't it been like this since late 2011 unless it's been an update day/related to update (with a few exceptions now and then)?

15-Apr-2013 05:04:12

Local God
Oct Member 2020

Local God

Posts: 5,528 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Seeker said :
Local God said :
instead of making a thread I figured I'd just post this here..

is it just me or are ALL threads unthread worthy these days?

Hasn't it been like this since late 2011 unless it's been an update day/related to update (with a few exceptions now and then)?

I maxed Jan 16th 2012 :\ it didn't feel too bad when I was using HLF back then but I stopped after awhile and checked in a week or two ago and its just garbage now...
2277/2277

15-Apr-2013 05:07:21

Seeker
Jun Member 2008

Seeker

Oh, early 2012 was quite good imo , but as more people gain access as time pass things are bound to change.
There are both up and downsides with more people having access, but unfortunately the most 'vocal' posters are the ones who keep making threads and posting spam most of the time and give people an idea that the general 'posting standard' (if you could call it that) has decreased.

On the other hand there aren't any trolls of the same material as before, well atleast not the Neo, Fosho, Godly cheese, Kdragons or Lemar kind.
While some of those made very good and funny posts (imo), I can easily see how their posts made many people refrain from posting or stop visiting at all (Makeveli should probably have a mention here too).

15-Apr-2013 05:43:54 - Last edited on 15-Apr-2013 05:45:26 by Seeker

Seeker
Jun Member 2008

Seeker

Oh ya, I suppose I forgot quite a few... Could probably agree with your last question.

I had very different experiences with that person on the forum and ingame, he was actually quite nice when we dungeoneered in 2011 (might be because I was close to max though, lol).

Though when I see the word 'troll' I think of someone doesn't post to with the only intention being to put others down, but can actually make more.. ''advanced'' kind of posts which some people can find funny.

15-Apr-2013 07:03:30 - Last edited on 15-Apr-2013 07:10:39 by Seeker

Local God
Oct Member 2020

Local God

Posts: 5,528 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@ Sikr

Sooooo glad you didn't say lol2012maxgtfo =p

yea I did RC and all those skills the old school way, took me 3 weeks @ zmi from 90 I'll never forget that shit

and I can totally agree the general standard of posting has drop drastically...
2277/2277

15-Apr-2013 07:48:40

Seeker
Jun Member 2008

Seeker

Local God said :
@ Sikr

Sooooo glad you didn't say lol2012maxgtfo =p

yea I did RC and all those skills the old school way, took me 3 weeks @ zmi from 90 I'll never forget that shit

Lol, what year someone managed to max doesn't matter that much to me. Like, most have probably played a few years before they get to that point, so classing one year higher than another because the latter had faster training methods such as effigies or runespan available to them is silly.
Similiarly I don't assume that everyone maxing nowadays bought spins for all their skills.

Everyone trains at their own pace and the ones maxing before others started playing earlier, decided to max very early on and used their available time more efficiently skilling-wise or simply had more spare time lol.

Also, I've met quite a few friendly people who maxed last year and maybe the nicest one of them maxed in January too. :)

15-Apr-2013 09:41:05

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579 Back to Top