Forums

HLF General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579

Finbarr

Finbarr

Posts: 5,254 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sha ky said :
Has much changed in the last like 6 months to nex if not I'd go sometime maybe idk

Well the last time I went (about 2months ago) we just maged her with seismics the whole time. Lasted for 12 kills/trip (which was the limit of our overloads) and kill-times were about 3.5-4minutes max.

28-Nov-2013 04:20:12

Finbarr

Finbarr

I sold my seismics a couple of weeks ago so I won't be going nex anytime soon. She is still a fun boss even now, although I did prefer the pre-eoc mechanics. However I just struggle to see the point with every nex item being practically worthless (except for t plate/zbow/v book/v wand) compared to before.

28-Nov-2013 04:28:00 - Last edited on 28-Nov-2013 04:29:52 by Finbarr

Finbarr

Finbarr

I agree that Nex is still decent gp/hr just because of the regular drops even if the items are a fraction of their previous value.

The problem with Vorago is you *do* need a clan/private team to kill him efficiently in most cases, since ffa+s was the most effective method there.

I'm hoping this cs-shard update helps change that somewhat at Vorago, I don't think people should be forced to join a clan or acquire a highly experienced/active group of pvm friends just to kill a boss. I've personally never joined a Pvm clan and I never intend to either, I have a few friends I can rely on to pvm with me and thats enough for barrows/nex/vorago etc.

28-Nov-2013 04:34:38 - Last edited on 28-Nov-2013 04:39:07 by Finbarr

Finbarr

Finbarr

Sadly I've had several reliable/experienced pvm friends quit in the past 9months or so. I had trouble with the Rise of the Six because I just didn't have 3 other skilled pvmers on at the same time consistently, so I only got about 80 kills and just stopped. I'm hoping we receive some more small-team content (1-3 max), because I doubt I'm the only one who struggles to find either 3 skilled people together for barrows, or 5-6 skilled people together for Vorago.

28-Nov-2013 04:45:11 - Last edited on 28-Nov-2013 04:48:22 by Finbarr

Finbarr

Finbarr

Sounds like a lot but it really isn't when you can get > 5 kills/hour assuming no one dies/no glitches (the stuck-in-shadow-realm bug was particularly annoying).

I'd also like some solo content, as long as it doesn't become dead content within a matter of days because it is either too easy to camp, or the drops are useless (like the barrows shields).

28-Nov-2013 04:52:51

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579 Back to Top