Forums

HLF General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579

You Pick It

You Pick It

Posts: 8,320 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kyrie said :
Everyone I need help lol, there's this guy who's being nice but is extremely weird. I was training div and he started talking to me so I was sociable. But then he started giving me energies, in two days he's given me over 80k energies lol. But I don't really like him but I'll feel bad if I just deleted him off my list now.

Do I just give him them back and be like sorry I don't wanna be friends or what xD

This is a weird situation indeed... I wish I was given stuff sometimes, but then again I wouldn't want to give people the wrong impression. I would just ask him to clarify his intentions, as giving away 80k energies to somebody you just met is a but suspicious if conversations have continued after the transaction :/

24-Nov-2013 22:27:03 - Last edited on 24-Nov-2013 22:27:31 by You Pick It

Sagzee
Jan Member 2006

Sagzee

Posts: 48,694 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Amaethwr said :
Investments? :3 Don't know what else to say.

­­­­
‹ « ­­< Amæ >­­ » ›
­­­­

Sorta again lol.

http://puu.sh/5sfDK.png

Oki, basically the idea is an Enterprise Skill. You start with nothing, with the aim to 'conquer' Gielinor with industry and business. It'd be a slowwww skill, because the exp rate would be based on your profit margins, and balancing the books properly would net you the best exp rates.

Bullet points of ideas/features/rewards I'm currently thinking of:

- You get a 'world headquarters', starts off a hole in the ground or a tent, upgrades over time to a garden shed, hut, small office, bigger office, etc all the way up to a huge over the top towering skyscraper with your name in lights for all to see.

- You have to purchase land, build factories, sawmills, farms, smelting works, glass blowing plants, smokehouses, apothecaries, forests, hire staff to work in those facilities, cover maintenance and tax costs, wages, etc.

- 'Expand forever' concept, you can never have enough or too much of one particular industry, so you can expand forever and ever, compete with friends not only for exp rates, but also on 'how many logs/ingots/fish/ores/etc you making a second?'

- Profits = exp. Super slow skill to start with. The bigger your profit exp, the bigger your exp rate. It'll always change, the more staff etc you hire/build, obviously have their costs, so you'd need to consider maybe selling some stuff to cover the cost of another expansion, and buy back later if you can afford.

- Exp on tap. Basically, the idea is, it's a bankstanding skill - you'd be constantly getting exp in the background every now and then, so you can train other skills, or sit in bank and chat, or go boss etc, and every now and then go 'oh, I got an Enterprise level'.

24-Nov-2013 22:27:57 - Last edited on 24-Nov-2013 22:35:31 by Sagzee

Sagzee
Jan Member 2006

Sagzee

- Compete with resources with friends. 100k magic logs a second? 1m runite ores a second?! etc

- Completely seperate currency, 'Credit'. So as to not bugger the economy or the RSGP.

- 'Invest' RSGP (with reasonable limits!!) to help boost the skill a bit, by converting limited amounts of your RSGP to credits to help buy or hire etc.

- 'Convert' credit to RSGP/resources (with very TIGHT and fair, balanced limits!!!!!) so your industry can help you train your other skills if you want, without destroying the economy. Kinda like an advanced version of the Kingdom of Miscellenia.

- Use credit to purchase cosmetics, or skilling outfits?

- PERKS - Uber monthly effects that you can only have 1 active at a time. Extremely high end content of the skill and very expensive credit-wise. Dunno if anyone seen my 'Perks!' thread, but basically along those lines - dual wielding 2h weaps, night-vision, create your own teleport location, etc.

- Limited areas of 'PVP' - the industrial way! Some plots of land can be up for auction, playes compete and try to outbid for the land with credit, and after a month, it becomes available for auction again.

- Random events. Think like you're playing a RS version of Monopoly, with random chance cards that can reward or ruin you. Collapsed mines kill staff, explosions at factories, unexpectedly finding a hidden valuable treasure while spelunking, profiting from dodgy deals with pirates, etc.

Urrrr....gone blank now lol, there was probs a few more lol. Will likely right a bible thread about it all though in the near future.

Just want to gauge initial interest.

24-Nov-2013 22:28:04 - Last edited on 24-Nov-2013 22:42:35 by Sagzee

Amaethwr
Aug Member 2008

Amaethwr

Posts: 14,634 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Its an interesting idea :P Personally, though, I do enough business-based calculations throughout the day and would get a bit fed up lol. I could be wrong though. Sounds like it could work in a similar way to PoP and so a lot of people could enjoy it.

­­­­
‹ « ­­< Amæ >­­ » ›
­­­­
Selective Completionist

24-Nov-2013 22:34:53

Sagzee
Jan Member 2006

Sagzee

I can see how that would be a pain lol, but you'd also have an advantage at the same time with your IRL background! :D

Dare I say, it could even be an 'educational' skill. Teach peeps economic thinking, some basic math etc, but designed in such a way that that knowledge isn't a necessity to progress, but would give you an edge if you get what I mean.

24-Nov-2013 22:37:55

Amaethwr
Aug Member 2008

Amaethwr

Posts: 14,634 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yea I suppose lol :P

+ Yea, that's a pretty fair point. Only potential downside is, and without being rude, some people are just pretty 'slow', and could take forever to properly grasp it and therefore be at a massive disadvantage.

­­­­
‹ « ­­< Amæ >­­ » ›
­­­­
Selective Completionist

24-Nov-2013 22:47:04

Sagzee
Jan Member 2006

Sagzee

A lot of peeps probs won't bother with the learning bit, but if they do, and if they at the same time develop patience (which actually you will need a lot of for this skill, potentially) then, eep for Sikeh's flipping. D:

I'm not keen on skills that can take forever, but the way I'm imagining it in my head, it could either be very fast, or very, very slow, depending on how good you are at balancing the profits with the expenses etc. Hence handy the bankstanding element, you can do other skills and still gain exp constantly while logged in.

24-Nov-2013 22:47:25

Sagzee
Jan Member 2006

Sagzee

I suppose peeps that are knowledgeable could do like they're doing now and post guides/vid tutorials etc too to help these sort of peeps along. If they're generous, which a lot of them are. :)

Heck, they could even just strike it lucky and land on their feet with a huge livestock and wheat industry or something like that lol.

But even the thickest of us could still level the skill up. They can just set their industry up willy nilly, and as long as they make some sort of profit, they can go do quests, bosses, train other skills etc and still level up the Enterprise skill. So they wouldn't lose out, just will take them an age to get their lol.

Forgot to mention, the exp on tap effect only applies when logged in. So no such luck as going to bed and wake up next morning to find you've levelled up a lot lol, nooo way. You'd only get the trickling exp while logged in.

24-Nov-2013 22:48:53 - Last edited on 24-Nov-2013 22:52:14 by Sagzee

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579 Back to Top