Forums

HLF General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579

Envision

Envision

Posts: 5,023 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Morgan said :
Does this mean that it's pointless to even continue chopping crystals until November?

lol why even bother in november? get 99 wc, grats! okay do it again, grats! okay do it again, gz! one more time, gz!!!!! aaaaand again, OMFG GRATS. it will never stop

10-Oct-2013 18:15:44

Seeker
Jun Member 2008

Seeker

Posts: 65,655 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Morgan said :
Does this mean that it's pointless to even continue chopping crystals until November?

The lifetime hiscore (the current one) will still exist. The prestige one will get a different hiscore, like the seasonal hiscores or orsrs one.

People are free to decide whether they'll work towards the prestige one or not.
I'll just use the lifetime one and maybe try prestiging firemaking or dg if I'm bored.

10-Oct-2013 18:16:23 - Last edited on 10-Oct-2013 18:17:52 by Seeker

Kanade
Oct Member 2022

Kanade

Posts: 5,560 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Seeker said :
Morgan said :

The lifetime hiscore (the current one) will still exist. The prestige one will get a different hiscore, like the seasonal hiscores or orsrs one.

People are free to decide whether they'll work towards the prestige one or not.
I'll just use the lifetime one and maybe try prestiging firemaking or dg if I'm bored.

But it wont be worth it due to the fact everyone will just care about the new highscores and also will make people like me that they don't have an end goal.

10-Oct-2013 18:19:02

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,457 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
First pvm became crap then I found going for high xp as a new hobby in-game, but now it seems even that is becoming useless.

What's worse is those who are over the level 99 xp get fucked over and can't benefit from this at all.

10-Oct-2013 18:20:25

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,457 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The people who hate those who are or go for high xp goals will love it. This community thrives off seeing others mad about something they loved. It's sad but true. .

10-Oct-2013 18:23:35 - Last edited on 10-Oct-2013 18:23:43 by Singularity

Sagzee
Jan Member 2006

Sagzee

Posts: 48,694 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Actually, it might not be so bad, but for peeps like me, you'll feel like you can never truly 'finish', which will bug me to hell.

If it's anything like Disgaea's reincarnation thing, where you can 'store levels' etc, for you go to 9999 again, over and over and have a crapload of total levels, it's ok I guess for some, but at the same time, if you don't get stronger/better as a result of it, like you do with Disgaea (your stats increase each time you reincarnate, so when you get to level 9999 again you'll be twice as strong as before etc), then I guess it's a bit of a kick in the balls just to get you to play longer.

Dunno if that made any sense, head-fucked atm.

10-Oct-2013 18:27:12

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579 Back to Top