Forums

HLF General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579

aSp
Jun Member 2022

aSp

Posts: 8,062 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
In it's day the 275T was a very nice unit (dual colour palletes, refresh rates blah blah), but it's day is long gone...and I would like a newer comparative model.
I will do some homework - so I was just looking for some suggestions on what ohers have found works or does not, and maybe of anyone has a particular fav they have stmbled across.
I am a believer in you get what you pay for...and if I buy a cheap mobitor I just end up with a cheap monitor. Also wise enough to know that blindly throwing cash at the most expensive rarely guarantees the best prodict.
That's all...

Fleekstar said :
Who's young here, I'm not!

Not me :P
I think I get meausred by a completely different scale...

29-Jul-2016 18:57:58

Hevilmystic
Feb Member 2022

Hevilmystic

Posts: 60,012 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
aSp said :
I am a believer in you get what you pay for...and if I buy a cheap mobitor I just end up with a cheap monitor.

This can be true, but I had an LG IPS224V when they were just becoming discontinued, and for its price, it's the best monitor I've had. Colours were awesome, and nothing 'wrong' with it at all. - It was only a 21.5" monitor though.

For 22-24", you'll want to get 1080p, if 27"-32", get 1440p or 4k.

Dell are all around good, especially their Ultrasharp series (which is what I currently have), but they cost an arm and a leg. LG are pretty good too, and usually the cheapest of the better monitor makers. I've never used Asus myself but they make quite possibly the most popular gaming monitors ever - AOC seem like a cheapish brand but again, never had experience with them. Acer are the 50/50 brand, I've had a good Acer monitor, but I've also had a defected one, which was a pain in the arse to get a replacement for because the company I returned it to accused me of lying. They finally let me replace it with a different monitor after I threatened to take it to my bank.

I'm not sure on Australian PC shops, but "mwave" came up as the first Google result so..

https://www.mwave.com.au/product/lg-24mp48hqp-24-full-hd-ips-led-monitor-ab80575

https://www.mwave.com.au/product/dell-p2214h-215-full-hd-ips-led-monitor-ab69828

The latter is smaller but I love Dell's monitors, so a lil biased.
Unslain Bosses - Clan

29-Jul-2016 19:06:16

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579 Back to Top