Forums

HLF General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579

Squallsy

Squallsy

Posts: 16,089 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
i will agree that the mind set of a person changes when they get older, things i used to value arent as important to me now and i tend to perceive things differently, and sure, i could get the concept of age being the reason, if it was just the older players, not pretty much all of them, couldnt it also be that with the community shift and players displaying how easy 99s were to get that it became more of a focus?
The Runescape Forumers

I am famous online and posts from this user may trigger those who suffer from mental insecurities
Mod baiting for shame Squallsy... Have a nice day ~~~Tranq

18-Jul-2016 17:55:45

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,500 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I was always goal-focused right from the beginning. The only difference was during my younger years, I just played without really researching about the game much, this meant doing things inefficient. As I got older, I learnt more about the game and got my own PC, learnt how to use that properly. Now I research things before doing them (unless it's quests) to make sure I'm doing things right. I like to be efficient, but I don't take it too far.

XP back then was quite "hard" to get (took a lot of time investment). As new methods came out and sped up training, the more interest it attracted. Now, because of how "easy" XP is compared to before, it has become popular. Popular because it's a realistic goal for a lot of people. No one would have dared bothered going for 200m all with the old rates (only those with shitloads of time free).

Honestly I'm going to be so lost after I've finished with XP. :(

18-Jul-2016 18:16:16

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579 Back to Top