Forums

HLF General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579

Oilyrag99

Oilyrag99

Posts: 1,503 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've been watching stand-up comedy to fill my free time (where I used to play RS) and I bet they could do a whole show of jokes about this game.
A lot of the jokes would be about bug abuse (7/7 massacre for example) and generally abuse aimed at Jagex, I guess it would be all laughs at Jagex expense.
If it wasn't for addicted players (most of HLF?) and bots, Gielinor would be empty.

08-Jan-2013 02:18:39

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,453 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Some people actually enjoy the game, just because people are still playing, doesn't mean players on here are addicted.

We don't all think the same. Just because you or anyone else feels that this game is no longer suitable or good enough for them, doesn't mean others must follow or they're addicted because you cannot accept the fact that people actually still enjoy playing despite all what's going on.

08-Jan-2013 06:19:59 - Last edited on 08-Jan-2013 06:22:30 by Singularity

i own u 4ev

i own u 4ev

Posts: 5,146 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
^mhm

Different people played runescape for different reasons, which is one of the things that made it such a great game.

I personally was always drawn to the PvP aspect of it, which was completely destroyed by EoC, being the main reason I canceled my membership. They have shunned large portions of their player base when they could have easily listened to a few of them and made the combat system better.

Some people still enjoy the game, because unlike me, the aspect(s) of it that they enjoy weren't really affected, or were affected minimally by the EoC. Some people, such as PvM'ers, arguably can say that it might have been enhanced, because they actually do something now instead of click and wait.

That still doesn't change the fact that they only need to change a few things (that wouldn't affect PvM'ers in the slightest) to make PvP possible again, re-earning them quite a few of their lost player-base.

08-Jan-2013 11:19:33

Mike Archer
Oct Member 2006

Mike Archer

Posts: 2,928 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yeah, an update on my eating crap food is due, I took Sainsburys' advice to try something new, and tried the microwavable fish pies made by Youngs as a first 'new thing', they tasted ok, and were very easy to cook, the problem now is Iceland are selling those for 75p! So, I'm now addicted to eating fish pies, I'm not sure if they are more healthy than the Tesco Value Lasagne that I previously lived off. I need some suggestions for new crap meals to try otherwise I'm going to overdose on fish & potato powder.. help me!!!!
SPOILER

10-Jan-2013 01:45:05

Dodo
May Member 2022

Dodo

Posts: 18,920 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
> Hardstylez posted:

Almost halfway through Doctor Who for the 5th time.

#TrueAddict

--------------------------------------------------------------

I need to do that some time, but just skip over the Donna episodes

10-Jan-2013 19:47:10

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579 Back to Top