Forums

HLF General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579

Body btw

Body btw

Posts: 19,488 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
As much as I complain about regular forums, ironically the reason I don't post there isn't the moderation.

It doesn't appear to be as active as HLF and I'm not interested in RGU or ID (because I only play ironman) so if those sections are where the activity is then that is why I don't leave HLF much.
"Why are you posting threads, asking questions and making discussion???"

All I do anymore is fish - 2017

09-Jun-2016 06:58:54

H alo
Feb Member 2012

H alo

Posts: 8,020 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Body btw said :
Something I just realized, this lounge dies without Joe lol

Well tbf, this lounge is pretty much run by Rowley, Seeker, and Singularity, and their small clique of friends who only respond to each other and nobody else. New users will post here for a day or two and never come back, probably because they feel left out. This is just my opinion based on real observations, though.

09-Jun-2016 07:12:25

Body btw

Body btw

Joe is pretty good about not ignoring comments, but not always. Then again he's in here the most so you can't expect 100% success rate. Seeker has gotten better since the Community Helper thing, Singularity has always been good about responding to others.

It's getting better overall but yea, I sort of see what you mean.

09-Jun-2016 07:24:34

Lust
Feb Member 2012

Lust

Posts: 17,455 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Same can be said with HLF in general, always the same people posting on threads/being active

With so many people maxed/requesting access, all those people typically just lurk or go back to other social media sites.

Lots of people just don't use forums either, but they still request access to check out HLF where 'maxed players apparently get preferntial treatment and constant jmod interaction'

People complain about how dead forums are in general, but they themselves are also part of the issue never adding to meanwhile discussion
help.

09-Jun-2016 07:29:53

Erehk

Erehk

Posts: 15,453 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I like to keep up with the HLF and jump into discussions or general chat whenever I can, but I also like to do the same in the public forums as well.

I don't think I'm necessarily someone most HLF "veterans" would consider one of the most familiar faces around the HLF (I haven't had HLF access nearly as long as many of them so there's that, if anything I suppose :P ) but I've always felt like I've been able to join in on a discussion or general chat and feel included.
@RS_Erehk

09-Jun-2016 07:40:13

Body btw

Body btw

Lust said :
Same can be said with HLF in general, always the same people posting on threads/being active
It's crazy when a popular thread comes out like Mod lee's let's be friends thread, and you see like 100+ unique posters... and then they all disappear

09-Jun-2016 07:42:23

Lust
Feb Member 2012

Lust

Posts: 17,455 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Body btw said :
Lust said :
It's crazy when a popular thread comes out like Mod lee's let's be friends thread, and you see like 100+ unique posters... and then they all disappear

That was a good example lmao.

WHERE HAVE THE GONE!?
help.

09-Jun-2016 07:52:31

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579 Back to Top