Forums

HLF General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579

HyunA

HyunA

Posts: 23,608 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Evil Lucario said :
Melee is just easier due to increased accuracy and vamp scrim in my opinion.

What comes with a greater accuracy comes with a cost.

Range can fire a channel and avoid cleaves.

Do the same with Assault, which is why I save my zerk till after the cleave spec to minimise this but he can cleave b2b on phase 3 and that's when I get salty :c

Still not missing is nice but while it is easier, both have their pros and cons. I got my first ever araxxor kill with melee and that was vs a mage spider on release week lololol and I got a fang rip.
@HyunAOP

11-Mar-2016 18:49:48

HyunA

HyunA

Posts: 23,608 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This is personally my thing but the only reason I chose to melee is because I can comfortably get it sub overload which is possible with Range too but Melee with defensive perks is so nice and more consistent since the melee abilities are much more damaging.

You notice so much more heals with vamp scrim.
I also noticed before I use to just camp pray melee on Araxxi till about 100% rage then I start to care about prayer swapping, I could pray magic but keeping pray melee means if I wanted to I can swap to pray magic back to melee whereas it can't be done vice versa, melee hit strikes faster.

Defensive perks let you worry about switching till like 160% and it's definitely worth swapping when Devoted procs and I don't bother when lucky procs.
@HyunAOP

11-Mar-2016 18:57:43

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579 Back to Top