Forums

HLF General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579

Lathow
Oct Member 2005

Lathow

Posts: 20,529 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
They're not worth using for sure when it comes to a set you can break down for xp, but I'm talking about the silent etc components you get from them. If I ever want to get a lot of these the best way to go about them would be making pairs of legs getting them to 10 and breaking down for 12 components each, and as only superior can be augmented if I use up my trade goods then I won't be able to get any of these parts unless I buy and break inferior (helms), which (despite being helms) cost nearly twice as much per component. Hi

27-Feb-2016 01:25:03

Lathow
Oct Member 2005

Lathow

Tetsu makes bulwark death lotus makes lucky and sea singer makes invigorating.

Invigorating seems quite useless since at max rank you get 2.6% adren from auto attacks (1.3% from oh). Bulwark increases debilitate duration by a bit, which may be nice although I'm pretty sure there are better perks out there. Lucky seems decent though, at max rank it's 2.5% chance to take 1 damage from an attack.

It's not that simple though, the skill is incomplete and you never know what's gonna come out next and which useless components are suddenly going to make the new best in slot perks....
Hi

27-Feb-2016 01:33:23

Lathow
Oct Member 2005

Lathow

Yeah I see what you mean. I augmented everything just so I can slowly get 200m through siphons and doing the usual things, except the usual things have me use 90 power and I just end up only getting xp in weapons. Still, free xp is free xp lol.

Nex sets are quite good with offensive perks, in fact they beat 90s in dps, but they do lack the defensive stats so you won't really want to use them in places you tend to take a lot of damage. It's possible but..
Hi

27-Feb-2016 01:47:24

Lathow
Oct Member 2005

Lathow

That said I haven't added any perks to any of my items, besides items specifically made for that purpose (dark bow and gano legs with mobile so I can do goebiebands/cache/dailies/etc) because yeah skill is incomplete, perks can very easily get changed again, and it's highly likely that what's the best perk today won't be the best towards the end of the year. I don't want to burn millions (and even 1-2m is a lot when you have 20+ items) trying to get the best perks when I may be replacing them later on. Hi

27-Feb-2016 01:50:26

Lathow
Oct Member 2005

Lathow

I have augmented nex and I still don't use it at raids, the def loss can be quite a bit and even though you can make it through a kill I'd prefer not to do it that way. Not sure if you even get xp at raids, they did change it to be as you do damage, but I think it's still based on combat xp (and raids don't give combat xp), just awarded as you hit. Hi

27-Feb-2016 02:00:26

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579 Back to Top