Forums

HLF General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579

Otter
Dec Member 2006

Otter

Posts: 18,155 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hevilmystic said :
Oh okay, I thought Leicester were a good club or something now (much like Man City are, they didn't used to be), are they just having a good year?

At this time last year, Leicester were in last place in the league. Today they're 6 points ahead in first place. They were given (apparently) somewhere between 2500 to 1 up to 5000 to 1 odds of winning the league. They were supposed to be abysmal. Those top clubs can spend endless amounts of money to acquire really any players they want. This is like someone with a 10m bank getting 200m invention before Le Me.

06-Feb-2016 15:42:33

Sha ky

Sha ky

Posts: 33,582 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hevilmystic said :
Oh okay, I thought Leicester were a good club or something now (much like Man City are, they didn't used to be), are they just having a good year?

Manor winning the constructors championship was twice as likely to happen than Leicester winning the Premiership.
Helper of the Community

Xp gainer
2/19

06-Feb-2016 15:43:13

Otter
Dec Member 2006

Otter

Posts: 18,155 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I guess an RS reference probably isn't the best way to describe something.. Since everything in RS is so mechanical. Since its physically impossible to realllly generate a better strategy than brute forcing something through GP, but hopefully the point still stands xD.

About them being so good... I think its just one of those weird things about sports. Sometimes the sum of the parts becomes greater than what you'd think the individuals would add up to. Ironically the exact opposite is happening to Chelsea. They've spent a fortune on top tier players and are getting zero results.

06-Feb-2016 16:10:19

Sha ky

Sha ky

Posts: 33,582 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hevilmystic said :

Sha ky said :
Manor winning the constructors championship was twice as likely to happen than Leicester winning the Premiership.

Lmao, what made them so good?

Nobody even knows.

Individually their players aren't very good, none of them are exceptionally talented but they just work extremely efficiently as a team.

They have two players who last season performed very average and then all of a sudden turned into great players. I guess the style Leicester play enables them, they like to play a very quick and crisp counter attacking game.

On top of that their defence has somehow become extremely focused, rarely making mistakes and as a team they hardly give away possession needlessly. I guess you could put that down to the manager and coaching for keeping them in line and so organized.
Helper of the Community

Xp gainer
2/19

06-Feb-2016 16:17:47

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579 Back to Top