Forums

HLF General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,457 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
There should be like a line speed estimation thing mentioned on site too, even a 5mb or so connection would be better than your current speed.

Or you could give your ISP a call and ask them wtf is going on

~Hardstyle #1~

22-Sep-2013 18:52:55

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Jimla said :
Random question out of pure curiosity:

Has anybody had any luck changing their name/getting the name they requested freed up so far?

The name I've been chasing for 2 years was finally freed up last night but ofc I missed it and it got sniped while I was online. It was a crushing blow to the soul and I cried myself to sleep for hours.

Was wondering if anybody else has had any luck so far or how much of these older names are really being freed up? :O

Nope, the name I requested has not been freed up. Truth be told, I don't think it'll be freed up.

Np though, I've got two decent names I love.

~Hardstyle #1~

22-Sep-2013 18:54:08

Sagzee
Jan Member 2006

Sagzee

Posts: 48,694 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Singularity said :
There should be like a line speed estimation thing mentioned on site too, even a 5mb or so connection would be better than your current speed.

Or you could give your ISP a call and ask them wtf is going on

~Hardstyle #1~

Bt Line Speed Estimation:

Fixed ADSL: 2048 kbps (2 mb)
DSL Max: 5500 kbps (5.5mb)

^ That's what it says in the speed estimate thingy for the exchange page on that last website.

That ok-ish? Or still a bit poop but better than what I've got?

Also, on that page ya gave me before, had that list of packages, this was one of the BT ones:

http://i.imgur.com/mU457LX.png

Any good?

22-Sep-2013 19:00:20

Kanade
Oct Member 2022

Kanade

Posts: 5,560 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jimla said :
Random question out of pure curiosity:

Has anybody had any luck changing their name/getting the name they requested freed up so far?

The name I've been chasing for 2 years was finally freed up last night but ofc I missed it and it got sniped while I was online. It was a crushing blow to the soul and I cried myself to sleep for hours.

Was wondering if anybody else has had any luck so far or how much of these older names are really being freed up? :O

I didn't request names I wanted on that thread, put it down for a friend.

Although I did here from someone that names have started to be given out.

I recently got this name though, pretty happy about it.

~ Everyone only gets to live life one time, and it's right here. ~

22-Sep-2013 19:01:54

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

BT infinity is fibre optic which would be much better than ADSL but you'll have to check on their website to see if you can actually get it.

The 5.5mb is not the best but it's definitely much better than what you've got and if you can't get fibre, it's your only option really. It might be good to give your ISP a call and ask them why the speeds are so slow, maybe there is an issue on their end that you haven't reported and thus won't get fixed unless you report it? It's possible.

Though that ISP you got are known to be bad.

~Hardstyle #1~

22-Sep-2013 19:03:54 - Last edited on 22-Sep-2013 19:04:44 by Singularity

Sagzee
Jan Member 2006

Sagzee

Posts: 48,694 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Checked BT website, Infinity not availble for me so that's out the question.

It has a nifty looking deal there, but mentions their own speed tester that you should try out first before buying, aaand there's no sign of it anywhere. T-T

EDIT: Dumb Akhet. Found it, they estimate 4.5mb and an estimate range of 3mb to 7.5mb.

22-Sep-2013 19:14:26 - Last edited on 22-Sep-2013 19:18:38 by Sagzee

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579 Back to Top