Forums

HLF General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,473 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Looks comes second to me. I care more about FPS stability than fancy graphics, so I'm willing to sacrifice if higher settings are awfully laggy to the point where it's unplayable. NXT is apparently much better at managing and using your hardware though, so it should be a big step up and some may even be able to play with better frame rates.

Sometimes low detail can be useful for skilling, especially if you want to easily remember where to stand at specific spots for things like Hunter (as you can see the tiles on the ground).

Problem with my system is I have a relatively weak CPU (AMD Athlon x4 860k) and considering how the current client is heavily CPU-bound, I get lag issues in some places (especially combat) but it's manageable thankfully. NXT won't be so CPU-bound and will start using more of your GPU, which is something we definitely need. Plus, it'll be able to use more cores if your CPU has multiple cores, so that's even better!

Unless you're running on an extremely old PC with like 512MB RAM, a single-core CPU with low clock speeds and some slow-ass hard drive, you shouldn't have too many problems tbh.

20-Jan-2016 10:13:33

Lust
Feb Member 2012

Lust

Posts: 17,455 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
HI ROWLEY

Fair enough, I think I saw someone mention they play on low detail because its better for efficiency or what not, less fancy stuff on ground etc.

But if you're gonna be playing a game like that and so much/often, may as well have the game look nice too.
Low detail is ridiculously bright for some reason which I dislike
help.

20-Jan-2016 10:23:22 - Last edited on 20-Jan-2016 10:23:48 by Lust

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579 Back to Top