HLF General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579

Sagzee
Jan Member 2006

Sagzee

Posts: 48,694 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lathow said :
What are you guys up to?

Frantically completed today's challenge and thankful that got the internet back, even if maybe temporary.

Incident involving a JCB, a tree and the phoneline resulted in no internet all day, and don't know how long the fix will last. T-T

Could have happened any other time, but no, had to happen middle of this September daily challenge thing. :@

Backup plan hopping over to the neighbours to use their internet or to library with my laptop fail due to the power lead for that gone missing, and the laptop not being used in over a year thus having a super dead battery.

Sooo, overall, stress lol. Pain in the ass not able to check work emails or prepping maps properly either.

19-Sep-2013 20:39:20

Sagzee
Jan Member 2006

Sagzee

Wasn't sure on that, or if they'd have a sneaky 'for doing it for 30 days, here's a super exp lamp!' type thing or special reward etc.

5 days wouldn't even be enough time to wait for BT to come fix the line though. Last time something like this happened we waited 3 months to come and fix it, and only then it was a temporary shoestring line. :@

19-Sep-2013 21:14:03

Lathow
Oct Member 2005

Lathow

Posts: 20,529 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I am paying a small fee in addition to my main connection just so I can have an unreliable wireless connection I can use for emergencies such as that. I used it before to loot my grave when I disconnected at KK a couple times and to send ships. But mostly to loot my grave if I die bossing because I disconnected clearly sucked and my death was 100% my fault. Gotta love the death system in this game. Hi

19-Sep-2013 21:23:25

Sagzee
Jan Member 2006

Sagzee

Ordered another power cable for the laptop. But of course, it apparently works for all the other laptops of that brand, but mine doesn't appear in that list. >.<

And if I find the other one (wherever the fuck that is, looked everywhere logical for it) - at least I'll have a spare. But would mean having to leech off the neighbours for a couple mins a day just to do these sodding challenges.

Here's hoping the wind doesn't pick up too much and the line stays up there lol so I can avoid all that.

19-Sep-2013 21:29:35

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579 Back to Top