Forums

HLF General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Posts: 24,511 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lathow said :
I don't know what this is about but he has max combats and not 200m slayer so yeah..

In layman's terms: we're discussing whether Mammoths are a good or garbo task.

I'm arguing Mammoths are a garbo task.
"Revenge...is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion."- Jeremy Taylor

11-Jan-2016 20:48:14

Hevilmystic
Feb Member 2022

Hevilmystic

Posts: 60,012 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Team Skull said :
And efficiency is the only accurate measure we have

Efficiency is only an argument if you have evidence to suggest the majority of people slay efficiently - I can't remember what the thread was, but some guy was asking for ways to make money and a lot of the posts were suggesting Slayer is good money, which to me points to me that fair amount of players are slaying for money, whether money is the byproduct, or slayer xp is the byproduct, who knows. Edimmus are an incredibly popular task and they are by no means efficient, nor for xp or gp if you are looking at it subjectively, however if you look at it as a combination of both, which they are, they are a rather compelling task.

Team Skull said :
Nihil have a slayer requirement 20 levels lower than Mammoths yet they give ~62% more profit.

Slayer level does not equate to profit. They're level 96 as they are tough fights; you are rewarded as such by a huge amount of slayer xp per hour as well as what I would consider better than average gp per hour. You can't just have one task that gives the most xp/hr and the most gp/hr, there has to be a compromise, and the Mammoths do that. If you are after just Slayer xp, they are worth it, if you are after just efficiency, no, they are not worth it. If you are after *just* gp, they are not worth it, but if you want a combination, they are. As I previously explained, they're not "Elite money droppers" or "Elite combat xp givers", they're Elite Slayer Monsters; the "best of their class" in terms of strength & fight difficulty.

And as I have previously said, there is only one other task that comes close to being a balance of good xp and good gp, and that's Edimmus.

It boils down to: Original message details are unavailable.
if you are after just efficiency, no, they are not worth it. If you are after *just* gp, they are not worth it, but if you want a combination, they are
Unslain Bosses - Clan

11-Jan-2016 20:56:27

Avogadro

Avogadro

Posts: 4,088 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lathow said :
I can't say for sure because I don't know xp rates but I heard they're like 600k slayer/hr lol.

I get around 450k playing it safe. If I zerked every opportunity I had, I could definitely push it upwards to 600k. But that's pretty ballzy. I tanked a 10k charge the other day. L
7:^]

11-Jan-2016 20:57:51

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Posts: 24,511 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lathow said :
I can't say for sure because I don't know xp rates but I heard they're like 600k slayer/hr lol.

I heard 450k, but I doubt it personally speaking.
"Revenge...is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion."- Jeremy Taylor

11-Jan-2016 20:59:09

Lathow
Oct Member 2005

Lathow

Posts: 20,529 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
How are they on combat xp? My guess is they're not particularly good there, so xp wise the task isn't worth it. However, it's a fast task/points and you have a key chance so you might as well. And then you have the drops, these horn things were 300k last I checked. Hi

11-Jan-2016 21:07:36

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579 Back to Top