HLF General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579

Otter
Dec Member 2006

Otter

Posts: 18,155 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
July said :
PyraTheAegis said :
It can't be a coincidence when the Max cape seller first showed up the players began the "no xp waste" mentality and began acting just like him. Max is Patient Zero.

The no xp waste mentality actually began when skillcapes were first released, and then the removal of wildy Pk'ing reinforced that because suddenly skilling became the #1 activity in RS. As of 2011-2012'ish, the no xp waste mentality seems to be much less present. Most top players obviously still care about xp gain, but not as much about xp waste anymore. That's because a lot of content is afk now, xp rates are very high and SoF/TH killed some of the competition in the hiscores.

No xp-waste was going to happen regardless. Online gaming was still semi taboo in 2004. I think as online gaming became more prevalent as a whole, this mentality was going to happen. It doesn't just exist in RS, it happens everywhere, I just think it seems worse in Runescape because literally the entire game is designed around a math formula that determines how fast our experience counter goes up.

27-Oct-2015 21:01:54

Cyanid
Jan Member 2006

Cyanid

Posts: 24,136 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
did u see that ludicrous display last night

¸¬°™°¬¸
With
¸¬°™°¬¸
Closed Eyes
¸¬°™°¬¸
I §ee