Forums

HLF General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579

Zae

Zae

Posts: 2,866 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Get into the mindset of thinking one ability ahead, plan and know what you're going to be using next. It will eventually become easy as you get into a rhythm. If you want to go further, spam that key as the 3tick/1.8 sec GCD is ending so you get it off as soon as possible and account for latency as much as possible. If you want to go even further, start sacrificing animals irl so you stop splashing and hit at the top of the damage range for each ability.

You could alternatively use queueing to spamming keys but that has a few bugs that won't matter unless you're doing group pvm/high end solo pvm. Like with queueing on you can't spam click to move and use abilities at the same time reliably, but you can with queueing off. With certain boss abilities, if you accidentally queue as you're supposed to stop attacking or when you're supposed to be moving, it can PK you or cause you to die to the mechanic, like Araxxor's swipe. It roots you to the floor as the swipe occurs if you queue something as you get dragged.

26-Aug-2015 01:41:05 - Last edited on 26-Aug-2015 01:44:26 by Zae

Seeker
Jun Member 2008

Seeker

Posts: 65,657 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I had that issue if needle strike was queued, but can usually move away with other abilities.
Usually just melee now and don't seem to have much issues with queued abilities and being dragged ;x

26-Aug-2015 02:21:31

Zae

Zae

Posts: 2,866 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Miss that! It helped with the over saturation of abilities we have but it does unbalance things. I switched to non queueing a few weeks ago and it's all good. Can run projectiles to cheese them reliably now :~)

Only issue is that if I want to use an ability on a monster w/o getting off an auto attack, like on Araxxor's web or targetting a minion you want to spread corruption blast off of. (Since if you kill it with the auto attack as you use corrupt shot and it dies before corrupt shot hits the target, it obviously goes on CD and doesn't spread since it didn't land). To solve that, I have to use it out of the spellbook or turn on the permanent use spell -> in the combat options which interferes with the playstyle even more. I can deal with one spellbook open tho

26-Aug-2015 02:32:00

Nyu
Sep Member 2020

Nyu

Posts: 5,194 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I love when someone talks/sings and you can hear the smile in their voice.

https://youtu.be/ueq2QFIIpu0
181m Slayer XP and 37,963 Edimmu slain for my Dungeoneering pet. Slayer is still the worst skill in the game.

26-Aug-2015 02:39:47

StoutStarmie

StoutStarmie

Posts: 2,515 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I used queuing quite a bit when it was op and I just can't stand full manual ever since, being able to just press the button once and know it's going off is so nice
It's not the end that I fear with each breath, it's life that scares me to death

26-Aug-2015 02:43:55

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579 Back to Top