Forums

HLF General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579

Keighlea

Keighlea

Posts: 40,455 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Does anyone know how weapons work? :P Specifically...

Sagittarian Shortbow:

Total damage: 2281
Weapon damage: 1819
Skill damage: 462

Hexhunter bow:

Total damage: 2047
Weapon damage: 1800
Skill damage: 247

I know that a 2h weapon does 200% weapon damage, and that dual wield (together) adds up to the same 200%. So therefore a shieldbow would have less damage (being equal to a mainhand weapon and a shield offhand)... This difference in stats seems to be factored in with the skill damage (Hex bow's skill damage is roughly 125% of the shortbow's)..

If the damage penalty for 1h gets factored into the interface calculation that displays our weapon damage, why does hex bow only hit about half of what the shortbow does, when the damage output is only 10% less?

I got one on my noob last night... And since the interface showed the damage being close enough I thought I'd try it out.. But it was terrible, and now I'm curious why lol :P
Lady of Zaros

Proud Linkify user - Become one of the Family!

04-Apr-2015 20:03:20

StoutStarmie

StoutStarmie

Posts: 2,515 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Keighlea iirc it's something to do with bows using damage from the arrows and it just displays the arrow damage in the equipment tab without the .5x because of mh only or shieldbow
It's not the end that I fear with each breath, it's life that scares me to death

04-Apr-2015 21:18:34

Ryan M
May Member 2008

Ryan M

Posts: 3,095 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So in preparation of Aquarium, I figured to look at items related to the oily fishing rod...

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Sample_bottle?diff=13241570

Sometimes I wonder what other bad articles like that are left around for years on hand. Took the initiative to fix articles for making an oily fishing rod and behold the mastery of diction.

"
[...] and buy it for 5 coins from Fidelio the General Store.
" Nope nope nope.
"
After greasing up the fishing pole a Sample bottle is what is leftover.
" <_<

04-Apr-2015 21:27:49

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579 Back to Top