Forums

HLF General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579

Ryan M
May Member 2008

Ryan M

Posts: 3,095 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Their aim is to make it easier for tablet readers to access content. I'm hoping that they do not bar local CSS and JS fixes when it comes around to release time so that the administrators of a given wiki can make it less cumbersome. It's still likely not to be formally announced or released as an open beta until Q3-Q4 2015.

I think it's a little silly seeing as 97% of users view the RSW on desktops (5/2-6/3).
HTTP://i.imgur.com/o4k4KvL.png

Can't win them all though. :(

08-Mar-2015 00:44:06

Hevilmystic
Feb Member 2022

Hevilmystic

Posts: 60,012 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ryan M said :
Their aim is to make it easier for tablet readers to access content

Why would they base a website, which is designed to give guidance to players of a desktop, browser-based game, on tablet accessibility?

Anyway, it looks like this on my desktop (with my regular sized chrome), phone and tablet respectively:

HTTP://i.imgur.com/o2R7836.png

HTTP://i.imgur.com/SAz4B8O.png

HTTP://i.imgur.com/O3GRBEy.png

Looks bad on all 3 platforms tbh.
Unslain Bosses - Clan

08-Mar-2015 00:53:44

Zamorak83432

Zamorak83432

Posts: 10,679 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ryan M said :
Their aim is to make it easier for tablet readers to access content. I'm hoping that they do not bar local CSS and JS fixes when it comes around to release time so that the administrators of a given wiki can make it less cumbersome. It's still likely not to be formally announced or released as an open beta until Q3-Q4 2015.

I think it's a little silly seeing as 97% of users view the RSW on desktops (5/2-6/3).
HTTP://i.imgur.com/o4k4KvL.png

Can't win them all though. :(

Eh.. I don't think changing how it looks will change that. I really only use the wiki when looking something up and 99% of the time its on my desktop.
Strength Through Chaos
|

08-Mar-2015 00:58:00

Ryan M
May Member 2008

Ryan M

Posts: 3,095 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Still in beta, but that's what they want to do. It's something they've been moving towards for a year now. I'd like to improve them for local usage if they don't pull their T&C violation point again on us (or me for doing local changes) when it is released.

Just wondered if others saw it the same as I have in it needing many changes to allow it to be readable on larger screens and fixed on mobile devices as necessary.

08-Mar-2015 01:02:08

StoutStarmie

StoutStarmie

Posts: 2,515 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think I tried the new wiki skin or whatever (it said there was an error and reloaded the page) and can't really tell a difference on mobile. As a frequent mobile-er, though, the new loading with the visual circle feels a lot slower and sort of freezes my browser compared to just tapping a link and loading the new page a year or two ago
It's not the end that I fear with each breath, it's life that scares me to death

08-Mar-2015 01:26:10

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579 Back to Top