HLF General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579

Seeker
Jun Member 2008

Seeker

Posts: 65,657 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hevilmystic said :
https://twitter.com/FIAformulaE/status/568148151338725376

Might actually go since I don't think it'll be as expensive as Silverstone.

Do you actually see much at all when going to that though? ;s

Like, I've not quite understood it when people go to the tracks to see cross-country skiing here when they just sit in the stadium and watch when the athletes are starting and finishing with the rest being on a monitor .. Or if they're standing somewhere in around the track they only get a short glimpse at passing skiiers when they and then nothing lol.

I can see everything on the TV!

There's a different atmosphere and loud people though, I guess :v

18-Feb-2015 22:14:34

Hevilmystic
Feb Member 2022

Hevilmystic

Posts: 60,012 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I know exactly where you are coming from, something like Spa which is 7km long (pic below) and it costs you €350 to spend the entire weekend there, you don't really see much..

http://www.letsgo-mag.com/contentFiles/image/2013/jul/circuit2.jpg

I'd guess the whole point to go is to see it in person, because you do see more on TV, of course you will, but nothing captures the essence like seeing/feeling the atmosphere in public (although FE is a lot quieter, and slower, than F1)

Something like F1 which is £1k+ no matter where you go on earth seems like a waste, but if you have the money spare, why not?

The good thing about FE is the fact it's done in the city. There's no track in the middle of nowhere that you have to spend eons travelling to, but it's located right in the heart, so you can easily pop to the pub between sessions if you travel with a friend etc, which is also a nice bonus.

Hopefully it won't cost anywhere near £1k, and I can drag a friend along :)

From every angle and curve, to every entangling swerve; it's all about handling nerve
Unslain Bosses - Clan

18-Feb-2015 22:25:02

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579 Back to Top