Forums

HLF General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,457 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Na it's some dongle thing. USB stick and like a mini-router or something which allows for others in my home to connect. It's not the best but it's better than nothing I guess. A great backup if you're going to be without proper internet for a while which I probably will be.

It's also a hassle to move providers so I'm not expecting to get connected any time soon. Just sucks as I am now limited to what I can do online. :|

Sky are known to have terrible customer support, a bit like Jagex eh?!

23-Aug-2013 01:14:23

Morgan

Morgan

Posts: 36,054 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kyrie said :
When we had no internet, I used my phone as a hotspot and took advantage of unlimited 3g. It was actually pretty decent, could play RS, stream off YouTube and simple things like that.

You should teach me how to do this. I never understood and never bothered to look up.

RWH,
Yes, I know... but can't you copy links and then paste on address bar? I'm still lost on what you mean exactly. Yes, I'm slow.

23-Aug-2013 01:34:50 - Last edited on 23-Aug-2013 01:37:59 by Morgan

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Yes I can but I mean opening up a puush link in a single click which is what linkify allowed me to do but since it's not working any more, I have to copy+paste.

Before I could click the icon and the image would open on the page.

23-Aug-2013 01:36:42

Kyrie

Kyrie

Posts: 7,608 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Morgan said :
Kyrie said :
When we had no internet, I used my phone as a hotspot and took advantage of unlimited 3g. It was actually pretty decent, could play RS, stream off YouTube and simple things like that.

You should teach me how to do this. I never understood and never bothered to look up.

RWH,
Yes, I know... but can't you copypaste links and then paste on address bar? I'm still lost on what you mean exactly. Yes, I'm slow.

I only know how to do it on an iPhone, so if you don't have one you'll have to Google it.

Connect your phone to PC/laptop (can do it wireless but I didn't) > go to settings on phone > personal hotspot and just follow instructions on there.

23-Aug-2013 01:38:43

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

This net allows me to play RS somewhat and use forums but not YouTube, it forces me into 144p quality and barely plays, which causes RS to lag so I leave it. :|

I'm used to using YT for music when I play though so can't get into hardcore divination like I would if I had real net.

23-Aug-2013 01:40:09

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579 Back to Top