Forums

HLF General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579

Morgan

Morgan

Posts: 36,054 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'd say 1% of all the conversations that occur within this thread are welcomes. There's already an "Introductions" thread on this section. I don't think we need another one.

+ if we see new faces, we always greet them. I think turning this thread into a welcome thread would be counterproductive considering there's already a thread for that. This is just a General chat lounge, that's all there is to it and apart from the occasional drama, I think it's fulfilling its purpose well.

12-Feb-2015 20:06:25

Fatrekd

Fatrekd

Posts: 13,243 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hevilmystic said :
Fatrekd said :
What is the purpose of having HLF off-topic general chat lounge and HLF general chat lounge? No one uses them any diff

You've asked this before, and I've answered this before. Different lounges have different atmospheres. Look at the regulars on each lounge, and there's barely any cross over. It'd be stupid to merge them.

IK I did lol. That's why I was able to quote it?
Join the clan " Green Bandits " today! Twitch/Twitter: @il_ija

12-Feb-2015 20:08:21

Morgan

Morgan

Posts: 36,054 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hevilmystic said :
My mum's the same way. She was an avid Tomb Raider fan and she could never do the timed levels, I always did them for her.
LOL. Oh god, I'd play Crash Bandicoot with my brother and I'd ALWAYS leave the timed stuff to him or even my mum when he wasn't around. I'd even leave the room and she/he would notify me. Haha. Good memories.

I'm sort of the same about "muscle memory". If something doesn't go as planned, say at Nex, etc... it's kind of hard for me to adapt to the moment and my DPS tends to drop considerably. E.g: if she SOMEHOW imprisons me and I wasn't expecting it.

12-Feb-2015 20:09:36

Zamorak83432

Zamorak83432

Posts: 10,679 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Lee said :
Hey everyone,

It has been brought to my attention that recently there have been many problems and a lot of drama occurring in this forum thread.

I don't care who is right, who is wrong or about any of the drama going on but this is a chat lounge. The purpose of this thread was to hang out on the HLF, speak to people you've never talked to before, talk about random RuneScape things (Since this is the RS Discussion/General Chat Lounge), meet new friends and have a relaxed and calm environment. The point of this thread seems like it has lost its purpose at the moment.

As I look around the chat lounge it seems like the same few people are posting. All I've seen recently with this thread is problems, mainly between those same few people too. So if these problems continue to occur and everyone doesn't stop trolling each other and not getting along I'll be forced to lock this thread or take further action with certain players HLF access. It would hurt my heart to lock such a historic piece of the HLF but if you all can't get along and not cause problems here then I'll have to do so.

I hope you can all get along peacefully and not cause one of the oldest threads on the HLF to get locked.

Hope it doesn't have to come to that.  everyone is getting along for the most part recently atleast.
Strength Through Chaos
|

12-Feb-2015 20:14:25

Hevilmystic
Feb Member 2022

Hevilmystic

Posts: 60,012 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Fatrekd said :
IK I did lol. That's why I was able to quote it?

Why did you quote it, when it's the same answer? Just seems like causing problems for no reason.

Morgan said :
LOL. Oh god, I'd play Crash Bandicoot with my brother and I'd ALWAYS leave the timed stuff to him or even my mum when he wasn't around. I'd even leave the room and she/he would notify me. Haha. Good memories.

I'm sort of the same about "muscle memory". If something doesn't go as planned, say at Nex, etc... it's kind of hard for me to adapt to the moment and my DPS tends to drop considerably. E.g: if she SOMEHOW imprisons me and I wasn't expecting it.

I don't know if you remember the levels in what I think was Crash 3, but where you had to run towards the screen whilst a boulder was chasing you? I could never, ever do those. My mum was a pro at them though. She did those, I did the timed stuff, usually. I could watch my mum do them but it was a strict "no noise" policy whilst doing it.

I can cope with a prison at Nex just fine, but if Shadow phase was to go really quickly (or slowly) for instance, my thresholds would be out of time, as would my adren pot, and it'd just be downhill from there.

From every angle and curve, to every entangling swerve; it's all about handling nerve
Unslain Bosses - Clan

12-Feb-2015 20:16:30

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579 Back to Top