Forums

HLF General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579

Hevilmystic
Feb Member 2022

Hevilmystic

Posts: 60,012 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Morgan said :
Death itself isn't a positive thing. What's positive is what came after.

This is what I feel, too. A man, a philanthropic man that pretty much put everything he made into helping the under privileged children of Brazil had passed away, so in that aspect, it's an awful thing.

I think when you take a look at the man who died, rather than 'just a driver', it's an awful thing. His foundation is still continuing to this day.

But on the other side, the unfortunate accident helped improve F1 (and motorsports in general) by a considerable amount.

I don't think anything would've happened if Ayrton died, even though Rubens had a near-fatal crash, and Roland lost his life. One of the people I spoke to it about compared it to a plane crash. Yes, some people lost their lives, but a lot of people's lives were saved in the future because of the things learnt.

Morgan said :
That said, no I don't think it's "good" that he died. It's "good" that at least it helped F1 evolve positively.

I'm not sure how to word it either, it's like, I see it as a positive thing as a whole, but then I realise a man lost his life, and that makes me think twice. It's one question I never thought I'd be asked and it really made me think differently.

Stuu said :
Hate to say it but it seems something bad happening like that kicked health and safety in the ass, so overall the deaths showed safety needs to be upgraded but at a greater cost of 2 peoples lives.

It depends how you look at it, I think... Two people lost their lives, but many lives were saved because of it. I guess it depends whether you look at it personally, or just by numbers.

Ayrton had over 3m people turn up to his funeral, which shows it was a great shame.

At times it sounds like it wants to kill you
Unslain Bosses - Clan

30-Jan-2015 21:42:56

Follow
Jul Member 2010

Follow

Posts: 10,934 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Seeker said :
Where does one "legit" duel these days if one isn't a staker?!

Friendly duels, fun duels, etc.

Edit: Of course you need some good friends to waste their time for you like this.
Join the RuneScape community on Reddit in
/r/runescape

30-Jan-2015 21:46:33 - Last edited on 30-Jan-2015 21:55:49 by Follow

Follow
Jul Member 2010

Follow

Posts: 10,934 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wilson Magna said :
Hey 5-x, saw you at Castle Wars earlier!

Anyways Runelabs idea#282 is 5 or 6 votes off being 1st page most voted, every vote helps!

Yeah you just almost pked me when I went to cap.
Join the RuneScape community on Reddit in
/r/runescape

30-Jan-2015 21:59:30

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579 Back to Top