Forums

HLF General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579

Lathow
Oct Member 2005

Lathow

Posts: 20,529 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yeah if you get recipes it buys them for you. And not sure about the urns, it's safe to say there hasn't been a change but I started selling a good 50k or so after serens since they were useless and today I sold a lot for a relatively high price. Also offer has been in for over a month and I sold like none the past month lol. Hi

23-Dec-2014 02:44:55

Sagzee
Jan Member 2006

Sagzee

Posts: 48,694 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
http://puu.sh/dFSg0/3bc232ab15.png

It's three in the morning, and there is a loud pounding on the automated steel door coming from the outside. Armada, having just begun preparations to retire for the evening, cautiously approaches the door. With each loud, consecutive thump, she witnesses the inside of the door becoming ever so slightly convex. She quickly reaches for her telescopic mace and extends it to full length, ready for combat.

She slowly moves towards the door release switch with mace in hand, it now humming with a ready charge of electricity – she wasn't going to take any chances; someone seemed desperate and determined to get into her room and to her, and she wasn't going to just lay back and let them. She quickly flicks the door release switch and prepares herself into a combat stance as the door slides open. The artificial light of the outside corridor shining brightly into her dimly lit room, revealing no more than an ominous silhouette of a person, slightly shorter than herself. She squints and readies herself to address her apparent intruder when suddenly a cube is hurled towards her, and she catches it in her left hand with seemingly supernatural reflexes for someone at this late hour.

She briefly stares at it curiously before her concentration is abruptly broken by the figure standing in the doorway.

“Oh thank God, you're not making out with what's-her-name again.”

Armada looks up at the now clear figure, her eyes having adjusted to the light.

“Shemu?” she asks.

“Who the fuck do you expect?” her visitor sharply replies.

Armada turns away shaking her head, disarming and retracting her mace back into it's compact and inactive form. “What do you mean 'who do I expect'?! It's three in the morning!”

“The way you were pounding at my door made me think some monster or something had snuck in and made a beeline for me!”

23-Dec-2014 03:15:35

Sagzee
Jan Member 2006

Sagzee

Shemu quickly looks down at her wrist, pulling away briefly at her sleeve to glance at her watch before lowering her arms again. With a shrug she stares at the frustrated Armada and begins to turn a heel as if in a hurry.

“Ok, I'm outta here then. You keep hold of that until I figure out what the fuck it is and what to do with it. See ya la-”

“What?! What is this? Why did you just...toss it into my face! At THREE IN THE MORNING!” she angrily replied.

“How the hell do I know?” Shemu turns back to face her, responding with yet another shrug and a raised eyebrow. “All I know is the guys that had it were pretty pissed off in their little submarine when I took it.”

“What submarine? Wh-what guys?!” Armada replies in a fluster of confusion, waving the mystery cube about.

Shemu shrugs again and shakes her head, slowly showing the signs of impatience at being barraged with questions. “Some guys! In the submarine! That's down-town!”

“A submarine...down-town?”

A briefest moment of silence fills the room and adjacent corridor.

“Well...it WAS docked down by the pier...” Shemu, rather smugly replies with a creeping grin on her face. “You shoulda seen that thing when I threw it, man did it flyyyyy!” she chuckles, staring at the still confused expression of her colleague.

“Ok whatever, the point is, that thing's gotta have some value, right? Otherwise they wouldn't have put up so much of a fight for it. I'm guessing some weird...computer...data...thingy, like them UPS...things.”

“USB flashdrives...” Armada quickly cuts in.

“Yeah, those. That, or it could be some bomb or something.”

The room is filled with brief silence again, as Armada nervously and slowly looks towards the potential explosive device resting in her now still hand.

23-Dec-2014 03:15:39 - Last edited on 23-Dec-2014 03:33:13 by Sagzee

Sagzee
Jan Member 2006

Sagzee

“Great, now that you know as much as I know about it, I can go to bed. Just keep it hidden until I get Hash to look at it. And...don't tell Leos. I can't be fucked with another earful from him again. I'll get plenty of that in the morning when he reads the newspaper...” Shemu begins to turn on her heel again and moves out into the corridor, stomping her way down towards her own quarters.

“But this! I! But! You can't ju-”

“Armada, it's three in the morning... I'm going to bed. Ciao!” Shemu waves the back of her hand arrogantly at the dumbfounded Armada without turning to face her, hiding a sly smile as she turns a corner down the long militaristic fashioned corridor.

“But! But...! Gah! What's the point...”

Defeated, Armada slowly steps back into her room, closing and locking the automatic, dented, steel door behind her. She places the cube on her end table, throwing a glance at it every now and then as she changes out of her informal wear and into her nightwear. She turns the lights off and rests her head on the pillow, facing away from her new ornament and closes her eyes. A few seconds later, she opens them again and gets up, staring at the slowly glowing yellow light pulsing gently and dimly from within.

She places her ear up close to it and pauses for the best part of a minute before finally laying back down in her bed and pulling the white soft quilt over her shoulder.

“Well...at least it's not ticking...”

23-Dec-2014 03:15:46

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579 Back to Top