Forums

HLF General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579

Wilson

Wilson

Posts: 14,939 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Apparently a pretty well known streamer was giving himself unfair advantages to his OSRS ironman and he lost his status over it among others. I wonder if the same happened in RS3 would Jagex also remove ironman statuses? Its not often you see Jagex punish cheaters, at least from what I've seen.
@WilsonMagna

OSRS Maxed - Sara Solo Record Holder

18-Dec-2014 12:36:49

Wilson

Wilson

Posts: 14,939 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Seeker said :
What kind of unfair advantages? :o Since osrs doesn't have the tagging thing in combat I would think osrs ironmen were less prone to abuse, at least in combat sense

From what I read, people sold items to shops then bought em in ironman. I assume you could only sell the max the shop could possibly stock? People abused it to get high crafting. I only noticed this when I dropped by in OSRS forums then went to reddit and saw the discussions.
@WilsonMagna

OSRS Maxed - Sara Solo Record Holder

18-Dec-2014 12:46:41

Morgan

Morgan

Posts: 36,054 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wilson said :
Apparently a pretty well known streamer was giving himself unfair advantages to his OSRS ironman and he lost his status over it among others. I wonder if the same happened in RS3 would Jagex also remove ironman statuses? Its not often you see Jagex punish cheaters, at least from what I've seen.
What exactly happened?

EDIT: Oh nvm.

18-Dec-2014 12:48:21 - Last edited on 18-Dec-2014 12:49:40 by Morgan

Seeker
Jun Member 2008

Seeker

Posts: 65,657 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Oh, well I guess I can see why they've decided to punish something like that... but I thought things like that were something that would've been tested prior to ironman release as it ruins the point of the mode. :x

18-Dec-2014 12:51:36

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579 Back to Top